User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
PLEASE HELP
Sun, 02/05/2017 - 16:32

@Eonaut please help seriously ANYONE i need somehelp on creating mobs understanding this program making (custom)teleporters and other stuff. i am trying to make this by 26th feb 2017 for a comp but i dont know what to do if anyone has ideas (im doing a mario mod) or knows anything or can help me somehow (what the heck is the animation) please send me a reply !!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Last seen on 23:44, 18. Aug 2019
Joined Apr 2016
User points:

Statistics:

• Comments:
  • Forum topics:
  • Modifications:
  • Wiki pages:
For mobs, you just have to
Sun, 02/12/2017 - 14:59

For mobs, you just have to make them in Techne, then save your model as a .tcn (to edit it later if need be) and .java (which you use in Mcreator for the custom model). To get them to animate correctly, I can't really say. Rotationanl movement of parts of the model is supposed to be along the blue ball on each piece of the techne model, but I would'nt bother with it. It never works right for me, and your model still animates correctly. (I would not try to make winged mobs though, because I dont know how to get the wings to flap.

Basic Techne know-how:

[spoiler] hold right click and drag to move perspective

new blocks for the model always start at 0 0 0 and are 1x1x1

Each increment in size of the blocks of the model is 1 pixel of texture.

Unless you want the model to float, set its "feet" to the wood block on screen

Each part of the texture map can be adjusted with texture offset. Parts should not overlap each other unless you want them to share the same portion of texture (ex. legs and arms)

don't do anything with offset. It is supposed to be for rotation-related stuff, but it does'nt work for me.

you can export as texturemap to get the texturemap, which can be used as a template frame for your textures.

The folder for your model has to called ModelWhatever

All componants of the model must be inside the folder

No two componants can have the same name (ex. You cant have two different parts called "ear" you have to do "LeftEar/RightEar or Ear1/Ear2)

You can use premade models of some vanilola mobs, but the enderman model is buggy

You can't animate multiple componants together (like minecraft wolves' heads: the ears and snout will not animate with the head.)

[/spoiler]

For pipe teleporters, I would say that you should make them redstone-activated or on right-clicked event based, and either have them teleport the player a certain number of blocks away using an event, or make a command block-like GUI that lets you input coordinates and runs the command 

/tp @p X Y Z 

Where X Y and Z are the coordinates of the position you want to go to. I have not experimented with teleportation, redstone blocks, or GUIs so you would have to get someone else's help or figure it out yourself.