MCreator 2 Roadmap Discussion

Started by Matej on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

MCreator 2 Roadmap Discussion
Mon, 12/09/2019 - 18:29 (edited)

MCreator is a big success in Minecraft's modding community. During the last 5 years of its existence, MCreator has changed a lot, ranging from adding various mod types and options to improve them by adding events, custom drops, emitting particles, shooting arrows and much more. As the MCreator developed, there have been many changes that changed the way MCreator worked and the way you interacted with it. Many of the things were inspired by you, the community.

Last month, we updated the website, the new home of MCreator and we did that for a reason. With that done, we are happy to announce you the plans for MCreator 2. It will come with a whole new user interface and fix many bugs that came with the current version. This version doesn't exist yet, so we want to give you the word, by allowing you to shape the new MCreator in the way you would like it to be.

This forum topic is for you to discuss developer's ideas and suggestions for the new MCreator 2. We are going to be taking the ideas on other forum topics and let you discuss them.

Notice: MCreator 2 is just a concept at this moment. There is no release date yet, nor release date timeframe.

Click here to see MCreator 2 landing page

Edited by Matej on Mon, 12/09/2019 - 18:29
Last seen on 21:11, 3. May 2019
Joined Apr 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I Suggest Adding A Way Of…
Sun, 02/11/2018 - 19:15

I Suggest Adding A Way Of Porting Existing Mods To Newer Or Older Versions, Just Like Can Be Done With Mcreator Made Mods, I'm Sure Many Creators Would Jump Towards MCreator For Such A Job

Last seen on 20:43, 14. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You could add a way to mark…
Sun, 02/11/2018 - 20:13

You could add a way to mark chests in structures to make them loot chests instead of them just sitting there (we also chose what they can generate with an X success rate we determinate) and please do add back the generating function of items in the creator. Also add a way to give a custom dimension a song or multiple songs to play that we can select and that it cycles through randomly. You could also rework the guns to make them have to go through a cooldown we can chose. Finally, give the swords custom speeds please.

I hope you'll read my request.  (:

Last seen on 09:22, 21. Jan 2023
Joined Jul 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
More options for the flying…
Fri, 02/16/2018 - 12:07

More options for the flying and swimming mobs. Fishable items.

Last seen on 19:47, 10. Aug 2018
Joined May 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Make able to create potions.
Tue, 02/20/2018 - 13:53

Make able to create potions.

Last seen on 14:27, 25. Dec 2018
Joined Dec 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Some of my suggestions:…
Tue, 02/20/2018 - 17:22

Some of my suggestions:

- Make the user able to create new potions or potion effects

- A way to create trees quickly than making a whole new schematic

- A way to create vehicles (for example, our own minecart version)

- Currently, I can't (or I don't know how to) use the same event twice. For example, I want to make an object that, using the variable "CREATIVE" allows me to be in survival, and, if I'm in survival it allows me to be in creative. I can use just one at a time, but I want to use both (if I'm in creative, it makes the gamemode survival and viceversa).

- A (better) way to make NPCs

- A way to control more animals (like using a carrot on a stick in a pig)

I hope at least some of them can be done.

Last seen on 16:20, 17. Mar 2018
Joined Feb 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Please add to Mcreator 2:…
Fri, 02/23/2018 - 07:20

Please add to Mcreator 2: Tree maker and custom lakes generation and new AI tasks for mobs , new events for mobs , new mob models (squid , enderman and etc.).

The most important is Tree Maker

Last seen on 20:16, 1. Jun 2018
Joined Nov 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
We need some sort of block…
Sun, 02/25/2018 - 03:37

We need some sort of block-type presets. These would by default change the model to the model of the block-type, but you could of course change it to whatever you want. Also, some of these will change the texture to a template texture that mcreator would have, because like a bed would have a certain texture format. It wouldn't be 16x16.

Stair- You know what a stair is. When selected, it will change the block model to stair.

Slab- A slab. Will change the block model to a half-slab.

Bed-Any block with this preset can be slept in and will change the spawnpoint. It will change the block model to a bed(Remember, you can change it)

Chest- Blocks with this type would have a preset GUI with storage, and will change the block model to a chest, and when placed beside another instance of itself, it will double up.(with opening and closing animation)

Flower pot- Any block like this will be able to hold plants. Will change model to flower pot.

Pillar-This block would act like a log, or a purpur pillar. It'll rotate depending on which way it faces when placed. You know how this would act.

Glazed terracotta- This block type would rotate depending on which direction you're facing(Not the way logs do, but how glazed terracotta does)

Cobweb- Any block of this type,. you could walk through and it would slow you down. Changes model to a cross type.

Fence-Block with this type would act like fences. Would change model to fence.

Door- Blocks of this type would have a model like a door, act like a door, and it would set the hit-box size to match it.

Pane- These would act like glass panes or iron bars.

Wall- This would set the block to act like a wall. Will change the model to a wall.

Carpet- Yeah, it's carpet. You know what this is.

Slime-This block type would cause the block to be bouncy. 

That's all I can think of for the moment. So this is my suggestion.

Last seen on 11:42, 20. May 2018
Joined Feb 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
NO! This is unneccesary and…
Mon, 02/26/2018 - 18:28

NO! This is unneccesary and clutters up the workspace.. this would honestly be my worst nightmare for MCreator 2. Its just so much more of a pain to edit... please no.

Last seen on 11:42, 20. May 2018
Joined Feb 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Events are fine as they are,…
Mon, 02/26/2018 - 18:29

Events are fine as they are, the only things that needs to be fixed is:

- Can clear parts of the list individually
- Can edit parts of the list (so you dont have to clear them)

Last seen on 20:16, 1. Jun 2018
Joined Nov 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Okay, whatever, but it would…
Tue, 02/27/2018 - 19:38

Okay, whatever, but it would be nice to be able to make stairs and slabs without coding.

Last seen on 22:38, 21. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You could see to arrange the…
Tue, 02/27/2018 - 21:12

You could see to arrange the template maker since techne does not work.

Last seen on 22:38, 21. Mar 2024
Joined Nov 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
 …
Tue, 02/27/2018 - 21:18

it would be nice if you added an option to create plants like wheat, like you will create a plant with 7 stages then you mark a box with the maximum number of stages and defines the time that will last from one stage to the next without speak clearly on the texture of each stage and the drops

Last seen on 18:50, 16. Oct 2021
Joined Jan 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Better schematic maker that…
Wed, 02/28/2018 - 12:25

Better schematic maker that lets you build up your schematic block by block. I know McEdit exists, but it is kind of a hassle. I also want to be able to use modded blocks.