MCreator 2 Roadmap Discussion

Started by Matej on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

MCreator 2 Roadmap Discussion
Mon, 12/09/2019 - 18:29 (edited)

MCreator is a big success in Minecraft's modding community. During the last 5 years of its existence, MCreator has changed a lot, ranging from adding various mod types and options to improve them by adding events, custom drops, emitting particles, shooting arrows and much more. As the MCreator developed, there have been many changes that changed the way MCreator worked and the way you interacted with it. Many of the things were inspired by you, the community.

Last month, we updated the website, the new home of MCreator and we did that for a reason. With that done, we are happy to announce you the plans for MCreator 2. It will come with a whole new user interface and fix many bugs that came with the current version. This version doesn't exist yet, so we want to give you the word, by allowing you to shape the new MCreator in the way you would like it to be.

This forum topic is for you to discuss developer's ideas and suggestions for the new MCreator 2. We are going to be taking the ideas on other forum topics and let you discuss them.

Notice: MCreator 2 is just a concept at this moment. There is no release date yet, nor release date timeframe.

Click here to see MCreator 2 landing page

Edited by Matej on Mon, 12/09/2019 - 18:29
Last seen on 09:42, 6. Jun 2022
Joined May 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Please add an option that…
Wed, 11/29/2017 - 15:17

Please add an option that lets the block interacts with hoppers or any kind of inventory which around it. I know my English is terrible, I hope you understand my idea :P

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also better variables:…
Wed, 11/29/2017 - 16:43

Also better variables:

They should not reset when reloading the world

For numerical variables there should be an option when making the starting value to set it to undefined and so unusable so you can't use something if the variable isn't stored

Also a feature for making some variables relative to a single block, a single entity, a single item,  a single player or everything.

Also ID and Tag editing would be nice

Lol there are so many requests in this topic 

Last seen on 22:44, 19. May 2021
Joined Jan 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I would love to see full…
Wed, 11/29/2017 - 18:26

I would love to see full support with Tabula. There is the workaround that i found with it, but i think it would be easier to have it support mcreator fully. Things like the animate option when importing models only work for techne models as opposed to tabula which makes it so i would have to do the animation code myself. Moving on, an animations tab would be interesting to see how to animate the mob, but something like that sounds like something that should be on a different platform entirely. Allowing more options for mobs like "When mob hits player, player gets effected with potion effect" or "when mob to 20% health, it changes it's ai". it doesn't have to be those, but they're just examples (examples that i actually do want to be a thing lol.) Those are all the ideas i have for now, but i will add more whenever i think of them.

Last seen on 22:37, 21. Dec 2017
Joined Aug 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
    Quite frankly, I'm…
Thu, 11/30/2017 - 02:32

Quite frankly, I'm pretty satisfied with all that MCreator has to offer, however there are a few suggestions I have. I know that there'll be a high amount of suggestions, and I don't expect any of my suggestions to go through, but, hey, it's worth a try.

First off, I believe that there should be more mob loot capabilities, seeing as MCreator only supports a common and rare mob drop. Branching off of that, I believe their should be conditional loot tables, such as loot tables for mobs changing depending on biome, or even adding a feature for adding to the collective "fishing" loot table, with the same biome-based differences.

Also, I think that there should be more support for JSON block models; I know there's an easy was for adding slab variants, however it's quite difficult to add customized stairs, ladders, walls, etc. I feel like you could add a list during the wizard for creating custom blocks where you can select whether you want to create a cuboid block, or a JSON model like stairs, walls, fences, etc.

Branching off of that, I know that there's already a section of custom block creation where you can input a JSON file, but the capabilities of the current implementation are very slim. Take stairs for example. You can select stairs' JSON file, and add a stair into the game, but it both doesn't act like a stair, and it's always facing in one direction. With a list, you could select stairs, and then, in-game, they would be climbable, and could be placed in all directions, upside down, and on corners, like Vanilla stairs do.

Hopefully my suggestions get noticed, and possibly implemented.

Last seen on 01:47, 17. Apr 2019
Joined Nov 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
More Ideas I Have:…
Thu, 11/30/2017 - 06:31

More Ideas I Have:

A Set Random (1) For Event Results For Easier Lucky Block Mods,

Fixing Techne Up Alot, Making It Possible To Download Techne Form MCreator (Ik Thats Already A Feature But It Dosen`t Work), Also By Adding New Java Options, Like Tails, Body, And Others!

Add The Rest Of The Mob AIs Like, The Ghast, The Sheep, And Others!

Last seen on 00:31, 30. Mar 2023
Joined May 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I am pretty satisfied with…
Thu, 11/30/2017 - 18:07

I am pretty satisfied with MCreators features as without coding there's not much you can do

However I think plant and block generation should be able to be biome specific. I know you can select growing plants to be biome specific but only to some biomes and then what about 1 block high plants, and similiarly if you make an ore it generates everywhere instead of being able to generate in only a select biome.

Last seen on 22:44, 19. May 2021
Joined Jan 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
MCreator is not in charge of…
Fri, 12/01/2017 - 03:31

MCreator is not in charge of techne, so they can't do anything about "fixing" it

Last seen on 12:44, 2. Dec 2017
Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
add a option to rotate…
Sat, 12/02/2017 - 05:07

add a option to rotate blocks facing different directions would be really great

Last seen on 00:59, 1. Dec 2023
Joined Feb 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Wow, there is going to be an…
Sat, 12/02/2017 - 17:35

Wow, there is going to be an MCreator 2? This is incredible... I do have some suggestions though (I haven't read the whole discussion, just page 1 and this page, and I will try to say ones I haven't seen) 1: MCreator needs it's own Mob Model Creator, and should somehow combine it with a texture maker so you can easily texture it as you are making the model. 2: Increase limits, like 4000 durability (What if I want something to eventually break, but have like 10,000 uses?) and (This could be code-edited in 1.7.5, but not in 1.7.6) have the max damage be over 100/104 without using potion effects, and the max health be over 1000/1024, which I haven't tested in 1.7.6, but whenever I put in a health value like 1500 or 2000 in game it would just be like 1000 or 1024.

Last seen on 14:12, 3. Jun 2023
Joined Nov 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Bunch of stuff I'd love to…
Sat, 12/02/2017 - 18:37

Bunch of stuff I'd love to see:

1. Resizable MCreator window.
  2. Drag and drop, especially for custom recipes. It would be nice to just copy an item by dragging it, or removing by right clicking.
  3. Better event handling. Events could be shown in a list (kind of what it already does), but it should fully show conditions and effects. Conditions should also allow stuff like else, while, for and switch. (also a condition that checks what gamemode a player is in)
  4. Better drops handling. Blocks that can drop more than one kind of items, each with different amounts and chances. Drops could be shown in a list or table. Also, it would have an option for silk touch (whether the block should drop itself or the stuff in the table if silk mined)
  5. Loot tables and NBT tags support. Would allow for creation of stuff like custom potions or mobs with more complicated loot system.
  6. Local variables, as opposed to global ones. Local variables could be tied to blocks or entities and could allow for custom enchantments as well (what a custom enchantment does could be an event where the level of the ench is used as a variable for the effects).
  7. More love for plants. Different kind of plants (crops, lily pads, vines, solid plants, fungi); plants that generate only in specific biomes; events and recipes for plants (since they're technically blocks, they should have the same events as blocks).
  8. Events for fluids and rotable blocks (even though a lot of people have already asked this).
  9. Blocks with an item form: kind of technical, but blocks like cake, signs, sugar canes have an item version that appears in inventory. It would be nice if this could be applied to mod elements as well.

(examples for point 3 and 4 are here: https://pastebin.com/Rpy6QMP0)

Last seen on 11:43, 6. Dec 2018
Joined Oct 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If there was a way of…
Sun, 12/03/2017 - 13:45

If there was a way of upvoting comments here, I would have done it to tese suggestions by now.

Last seen on 08:50, 3. Oct 2019
Joined Nov 2013
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So, i have been using…
Sun, 12/03/2017 - 20:07

So, i have been using MCreator since 1.3 or so, and i really love how incredible it is, but i have always thought that there are some things that are needed to be upgraded or fixed:

1-Update the event page in mobs, adding more events. For example, in the "when mobs attack" part, you can add effects to the player, but not the mob itself. Adding this, you could create a neutral mob that gains Strength and Regeneration when you attack him and it gets furious, for example.

2- Please, please, improve the Mob AI. You could add something like "Breeds naturally with the mob...", and adding the mob itself (I don't know, a fish that reproduces with other fish of its species) or another mob (In this case, you create a Bull that breeds only with Cows, for example)

3.- Also, adding a "Need to be tamed" option when you create a rideable (or non rideable) mob would be awesome. It would be nice and useful for creating for example a bodyguard mob that works for you when you "tame" him with diamonds, or to create mobs like bears (or bigger and more useful wolfs that the ones in vanilla) that need to be tamed with cow meat or some kind of special food, idk.

4- A "Takes items from ground" task would be great too, allowing you to make a mob that can pick up tools and armor from the ground and use them.

5- Oh, and a "open GUI" option in the "When right-clicked in mob" option in events page, could be also a very nice option, even more if you can select a chest gui, furnace gui, workstation gui or even a villager trading gui (i hope that villager-like tradings will be some day implemented)

6. Like some other people have said, i expect the fluid creation tab to be also updated. Options to make your fluid to add a certain effect to mobs/players, to make them able to interact with blocks or other fluids, etc, etc. 

Last seen on 20:14, 7. Dec 2017
Joined Oct 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'd love the idea of being…
Thu, 12/07/2017 - 15:59

I'd love the idea of being able to create your own "mod elements" for more complex users. These could be coded in a way so that the user inputs code for the element, and can set parts of the code to be edited using the fields normal mod elements use. This could save people time with custom mechanics like spells, and while it would be really hard to make, it would be really cool :D