User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hodge-Podge III Official Topic
Sun, 02/10/2019 - 18:26 (edited)

This is the official topic of Hodge-Podge III, the remake of the mod originally made by Eonaut.

Here you can suggest features, say your opinion, see what will be added in the next updates, etc.

Edited by RaolTheBest on Sun, 02/10/2019 - 18:26
Last seen on 01:42, 12. Feb 2024
Joined Jul 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Nice! Maybe in other…
Wed, 09/09/2020 - 00:42

Nice! Maybe in other positions, i don't know, the statues are always in interesting position, like buddha sit in meditation, napoleon on a horse or just some heroic position. But they are nice like that too

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Well, they are supposed to…
Thu, 09/10/2020 - 13:20

Well, they are supposed to be healing statues which represent some sort of goddess, I don't know what should be their pose XD

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
New mob: the Oni! Found in a…
Mon, 09/14/2020 - 20:20

New mob: the Oni!

Found in a biome in the Darkworld, will hunt the players in the shadow or avoid them if they are under the light!
oni

Last seen on 00:42, 10. Oct 2023
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Cool
Mon, 09/14/2020 - 20:24

Cool

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you :)
Mon, 09/14/2020 - 20:51

Thank you :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Random concept for future…
Wed, 09/23/2020 - 19:48

Random concept for future logo

random

(obv this is just a sketch, please don't judge XD)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Huge update for Hodge-Podge…
Sun, 09/27/2020 - 21:29

Huge update for Hodge-Podge III released! The now is now for 1.14.4 and entered the beta state!

It's quite late here so just read the changelog, I will write the summary, announcements or whatever tomorrow :P

(hoping I didn't forget something as usual)

2.0.0 - Reboot Update - 09/27/2020

Huge update, messy changelog :P

~Updated the mod to 1.14.4

+Tulgey, Tumtum, Murkwood, Golden Wood and Bonewood Doors, Trapdoors, Fences, Fence Gates, Stripped Logs and Stripped Woods

30 new blocks in total :P

+Loot Vase

Break it to get some random loot! Found in structures

+Questgiver's Island

A floating island in the skies of the Tulgey Forest where the Questgiver lives

+Questgiver

A Wonderland Elf who tasks you with quests to complete for getting a reward. Quests you can complete right now are defeating a Jabberwock and curing a Werewolf.

+Jabberwock Egg

Can be found in nests in the Tulgey Forest. Break it to summon... nothing. What would you expect from breaking an egg?

+Jabberwock

My jaws that bite, my claws that catch! (I know it's a reference of a reference but if you got it you have my respect.)

Breaking the eggs might enrage the mother. Just wait a bit until it finds you!

It is immune from damage until you hit it with a Vorpal Sword! Then you will be able to damage it with any kind of attack for a few seconds (you can obviously attack it with a Vorpal Sword again to be able to damage it more)

Unlike other bosses, it can't summon any allies (actually, this is more like a mini-boss, even if it has more hp than the Smoldering and the Tainted Knights)

+Sunrise Dagger

If you are holding a Moonfall Dagger in the off hand it strikes a lightning and slows down enemies. Obtained by the Questgiver as a reward for defeating the Jabberwock.

+Moonfall Dagger

If you are holding a Sunrise Dagger in the off hand it temporarily decreases attack and defense of enemies. Found in the Tainted Obelisk

+Moon Talisman

A rarity obtained from the Questgiver by completing the Werewolf quest. Can be given to the Collector for a reward

+Murkwood Oasis biome in the DarkWorld

A biome made of grass and Blood Lilies where some Murkwood Trees can rarely be found

+Voltgrass

The grass of the Murkwood Oasis

+Voltgrass Path

+DarkWorld Well

A decorative structure found in the Murkwood Oasis

+Stygian biome for the DarkWorld

+Stygianstone

A very dark rock which constitutes the aforementioned biome

+Azureshroom

A glowing mushroom which actually produces no light found in the same biome

+Oni

Found in the same biome, a demon who only attacks players in the shadow. Will run away from players in the light.

+4 Mysterious Taintstone Lanterns

Building blocks that can be crafted or found in the Tainted Obelisk

+Tainted Obelisk

A structure located in the Taint, where the Moonfall Dagger can be found

+Improved Aurora Helmet

Produces more light and has more durability than a regular Aurora Helmet. Can be obtained by trading an Aurora Helmet and 25 XP levels with a DarkWorld Jeweler

+Wondergrass Path

+Timeless Key

The 8th reward of the Collector. Will have an important use... in the future.

+Tainted Healing Statue

+New advancements

~Rebuilt all structures from scratch and added loot table support to their chests

~Custom spawn eggs are now all moved to their own bar (which has a search bar)

~Updated textures to match Jappa's style

~Added tags to custom logs and leaves (they might support decay now)

~Now any log tagged as "logs" can be converted into oak logs using a Magical Mirror

~It can also turn Dead Grass into Coarse Dirt (and vice versa), Dirt into Podzol (and vice versa), Grass into Mycelium (and vice versa)

I mean, while playing modded you usually don't have time for exploring every single biome in the world (especially with biome mods)

~Werewolves do no longer transform in nights without moon

~Werewolves are now faster during full moon nights

~Werewolves can now be cured during full nights moon by feeding them a Silver Apple while they are affected by Weakness effect

~Now the DarkWorld Jeweler Hut only generates in the Murkwood Oasis (in the DarkWorld)

~Wither Blade can now be repaired using Wither Bones, the Aurora Helmet can be repaired with Silver Ingots and the Vorpal Sword with Occult Pearls

~Wax Block is now quite sticky (slows down movement) and flammable

~Renamed the Thunderblaze into Spark and improved its AI, abilities and animations

~Eating an Oun Eye will now grant night vision for 3 seconds, just enough to check the surroundings

~Tyrianite Armor will now apply Hunger rather than Poison

~Renamed the Trader Dark Elf into DarkWorld Jeweler

~Improved rendering of some blocks and items

~Temporarily changed the Golden Pillar to be a vanilla pillar-like block with log rotation, since there is no connected textures mod for 1.14.4 (this change will be reverted when the mod will be updated to 1.15.2)

~Geysers do now temporarily produce steam blocks rather than fluids since gas fluids don't work properly in 1.14.4

~Many more tweaks

-Barrels (they now are in vanilla)

! Smoky Quartz did not generate in the DarkWorld making the Wonderland inaccesible

! Weapons dealt too little damage

! The Healing Statue had weird rotation

! You couldn't craft slabs

! Fixed a few more bugs

Last seen on 00:42, 10. Oct 2023
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
yay finally 1.14
Sun, 09/27/2020 - 23:57

yay finally 1.14

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Now that Hodge-Podge is…
Mon, 09/28/2020 - 07:20

Now that Hodge-Podge is updated to 1.14.4, there will probably be a very little patch (since there always are some bugs to fix and some balancement changes to be done) which might also add a new mob which is hunted by the Green Hunters.

Anyway, I will finally release the Pyromancy patch, then update it, The Ultimate Plan and Hodge-Podge to 1.15.2 without adding any new content because it would take too much time :P

Considering how much did it take to port Hodge-Podge (I hate doing boring and repetitive tasks so I always procrastinate them while adding new random features XD) and considering how many structures have to be rebuilt to port RaolCraft, its update will probably be released in 2021 XD

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The biggest update ever for…
Mon, 09/28/2020 - 19:03

The biggest update ever for Hodge-Podge III was just released!

The mod is now ported to 1.14.4 and no longer is in alpha! Hoorray! (most epic screenshot ever)

villageandpanda

All structures have been remade and loot table support was added to all of them!

structures

Eggs have been moved to their own tag!

eggs

Two new biomes have been added to the DarkWorld (screenshot made with night vision):

darkworld

New Oni mob found in one of the new biomes which attacks players in the darkness and runs away from those in the light!

oni

New Questgiver NPC found in a floating island in the Wonderland who gives you quests to complete for a reward!

questgiver

New Jabberwock Egg found in the Tulgey Forest! Break it to... do nothing, actually.

jabberwock egg

What? Paranoia?

PARANOIA

AARGH! THE EGG'S MOM WAS CHASING ME!!

my jaws that bite

The Jabberwock is a new miniboss (actually, it was already part of Hodge-Podge II; I reutilized the texture and model but the behavior and spawning is completely different) which is immune to damage. The only way to damage it is to hit it with a Vorpal Sword: doing so will disable the immunity for a few seconds.

For beating the Jabberwock the Questgiver will give you a Sunrise Dagger, which if combined with a Moonfall Dagger (found in an obelisk in the Taint) will unleash its true power! Just hold a one of each in both hands and they will trigger a special effect based on which one is in the main hand! (ignore my weird skin lol)

twilight blades

The DarkWorld Jeweler (new name for the Trader Dark Elf) can now turn the Aurora Helmet in a more powerful one which emits more light (still not enough to scare Oni tough)!

aurora improved

You can now find Loot Vases in structures which can be broken to get random loot!

loot vase

There now are doors, trapdoors, fences, fence gates, stripped logs and stripped woods for each kind of Hodge-Podge III wood!

wood

You can now cure Werewolves during full moon nights! By doing so you will also complete a quest for the Questgiver. Be careful though because Werewolves are now stronger when the moon is full!

werewolf

And so much more! I hope you will like the update :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
A new Hodge-Podge update…
Wed, 03/10/2021 - 12:55

A new Hodge-Podge update adding a boss for the Taint (Erragrul), new dungeon mechanics, as well as many new blocks, items and mobs is coming soon!

It will likely be released by the end of the month (sorry, I know I am slow) and won't actually add much compared to 2.0, but at least Taint will finally gain some purpose.

A new crossover feature is also coming ;)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I've been quite busy…
Thu, 03/25/2021 - 17:49

I've been quite busy recently, but the update will still be released by the end of the month :)

Last seen on 20:43, 14. Feb 2024
Joined Feb 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
"By the end of the month",…
Thu, 09/02/2021 - 22:27

"By the end of the month", just how far does this "size increase" to the update actually go?

Last seen on 19:41, 25. Mar 2024
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
idk
Sun, 06/19/2022 - 11:57

idk