User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hodge-Podge III Official Topic
Sun, 02/10/2019 - 18:26 (edited)

This is the official topic of Hodge-Podge III, the remake of the mod originally made by Eonaut.

Here you can suggest features, say your opinion, see what will be added in the next updates, etc.

Edited by RaolTheBest on Sun, 02/10/2019 - 18:26
Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Seems like I will release a…
Fri, 10/11/2019 - 20:55

Seems like I will release a bonus update for Hodge-podge just because it won MOTW (and it wasn't even submitted by me)

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think that you should…
Sat, 10/12/2019 - 03:34

I think that you should rename silver from hodge-podge 3. It is a little weird to have Raolcraft silver and hodge-podge 3 silver at the same time.

Also, I can't figure out how to work the collecter. I tried finding the collecter structure in the dark world, but I can't seem to find it. So I opened a new world and used the collecter spawn egg. But except the ice idol and the dark tome, I can't find more items to trade with him, and I have no idea how to get to the other dimensions.

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't think I will change…
Sat, 10/12/2019 - 11:41

I don't think I will change the name of Silver added by Hodge-Podge. Hodge-Podge already supports Ore dictionary and RaolCraft will in the next update, so you will be able to use RaolCraft Silver for Hodge-Podge recipes and vice versa.

The Collector Tower isn't very rare. In my little survival world I found it very near to the point where the portal spawned. Try increasing your rendering distance or get some night vision (by eating Oun Eyes if you really want...)

Every item that can be traded with the Collector has a similar description. Right now there are 5 of them. I don't want to ruin the fun so I won't tell you how to find them (you could read the changelog if you really want...), but just try beating the Smoldering Knight and going to other dimensions :)

To get to the Wonderland, you need some Blocks of Smoky Quartz (found in the DarkWorld) and a Wonder Mirror (I think it also needs some materials from the DarkWorld to be crafted).

To get to the Wastes, you'll need some Bone Spines blocks and the Bone of Destruction (or something similar), which can be obtained after killing the Smoldering Knight

You should be aware of a bug with the Collector though: if you die, the Collector will completely forget of you, so you should either try to survive for a while or trade all the rarities at once to get the final prizes (the Golden Sapling, the Totem of Haste...). This bug will be fixed when Mcreator will either introduce entity target dependencies (so the variables will be saved on the NPC rather than the player) or player variables that don't reset after death

I will soon write a guide for Hodge-Podge anyway :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Escape Rope?
Mon, 10/14/2019 - 05:55

Escape Rope?

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The Escape Rope is an item…
Mon, 10/14/2019 - 12:25

The Escape Rope is an item from Pokémon games which lets you instantly go out from caves. And I will introduce it in Hodge-Podge in the next update :)

Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It is like a return potion…
Mon, 10/14/2019 - 23:23

It is like a return potion

Good idea, but can you make it stackable?

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'll think of balancement…
Tue, 10/15/2019 - 05:36

I'll think of balancement later, for the moment let's just make it functional XD

Anyway, the Illusioner's Tower and a new rarity are coming soon too!

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The Tainted Knight, Kobolds,…
Wed, 10/16/2019 - 20:05

The Tainted Knight, Kobolds, Candles and some important bugfixes are also coming in the next update!

I will post pictures soon

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Here are some of the…
Fri, 10/18/2019 - 21:07

Here are some of the features coming in the next update (with images)!

The Kobold, a little neutral creature that only spawns in caves.

kobolds

Kobolds used to live in the surface, but then moved to the underground for some unknowns events. They don't like the darkness and always carry with them a candle, providing a light source (the fact they have a candle on their head is inspired on Hearthstone)

When killed, it drops some Leather (of its clothes) a Candle, a block that can be placed for decoration or can be used to craft some special items I will reveal another day. But who would kill such a cute walking light source?

Don't worry, you will be able to craft candles without having to steal theirs.

Cursed Diamonds are also coming!cursed diamonds

They will be found as loot in Hodge-podge dungeons. You should quickly craft them into something else or else they'll vanish in 15 seconds! They won't disappear if you are in creative mode.

Now, let's talk about the star of the update, a new boss (finally)!

It's the Tainted Knight!

It is much different from what it used to be in Hodge-podge II though. You'll have to go to the Wastes dimension and find a tree in the Murkwoods which looks like this to fight it (you can recognise it by its flame particles):

tree

Once you cut it down, the spirit of the Tainted Knight will be summoned.

taintedknight

The Tainted Knight is a flying mob which attacks from the distance. It has some abilities that synergize well with its flying abilities, so prepare yourself!

Its presence will also affect the environment. For example, Azure Haunters will begin to spawn in place of regular Green Hunters until the boss dies (already spawned Green Hunters will stay green and won't get an a in the name):

azurehaunter

Azure Haunters hunt from distance like their alive counterparts, but they are resistant to everything but melee attacks. This means you'll have to hit them on melee to damage them! They only have 1 health though.

I hope you will like the next update :)

And yes, it's kinda Halloween-themed

Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Looks Cool! CaN yOu rElEaSe…
Sat, 10/19/2019 - 01:16

Looks Cool!

CaN yOu rElEaSe A gUiDe

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I will after the update,…
Sat, 10/19/2019 - 19:30

I will after the update, right now there isn't much to explain :)

Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
lol, I still don't know how…
Sun, 10/20/2019 - 01:59

lol, I still don't know how to work the collecter

Hyped for the guide!

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The Collector is a friendly…
Mon, 10/21/2019 - 13:27

The Collector is a friendly NPC who can be found in a tower in the DarkWorld. To interact with him, just right-click him with a rarity.

If you find a rarity, you will know you can give if to the collector because all rarities have "A Collector might be interested on this" as the last line of description

If you want to know which are the rarities and how can they be found, here's a list, but it might ruin the surprise:

Ice Idol - found in a little snow temple in snowy biomes of the Overworld

Dark Tome - found in a structure in the DarkWorld

Ancient Tablet - found in an underground structure of the Wonderland

Hunter's Pendent - found in a hut in the Murkwoods (the forest of the Wastes dimension)

Smoldering Scroll - dropped by the Smoldering Knight

Coming in the next update:

Illusion Orb - found in the Illusioner's tower in the Wonderland

(Still to be implemented) - dropped by the Tainted Knight

And probably a few more...

Anyway, if I were you, I would probably keep the rarities in a chest in your house until the next update (which could be released this week), because the Collector is a bit bugged right now