User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hodge-Podge III Official Topic
Sun, 02/10/2019 - 18:26 (edited)

This is the official topic of Hodge-Podge III, the remake of the mod originally made by Eonaut.

Here you can suggest features, say your opinion, see what will be added in the next updates, etc.

Edited by RaolTheBest on Sun, 02/10/2019 - 18:26
Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
when are u updating to 1.15…
Sat, 06/06/2020 - 02:00

when are u updating to 1.15.2?
Because raolcraft, pyromancy, and modular expansion is complete, and if you don't update to 2020.3 you would miss out on a lot of nice features :(

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This will be the last 1.12.2…
Sat, 06/06/2020 - 08:27

This will be the last 1.12.2, all future updates for all my mods will directly be for 1.14 and 1.15 :)

(Raolcraft might actually get another little patch because I think there still are some bugs, but it will probably take just one day to get done :))

Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
:) Can I start fusing the…
Sat, 06/06/2020 - 08:37

:)
Can I start fusing the lore of Raolcraft and Hodge-Podge with Alloy? The first dimension in the re-write is almost done :D

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Of course you can! :)
Sat, 06/06/2020 - 08:37

Of course you can! :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
And the last Hodge-Podge III…
Sun, 06/14/2020 - 06:46

And the last Hodge-Podge III update for 1.12.2 is finally here!

This update brings the third dimension of the mod, the Taint, as well as many new blocks, mobs, structures and a new powerful amor (not as strong as the RaolCraft one though)! Most of these features come directly from Hodge-Podge II.

Since this will be the last update before porting the mod to the newer versions (actually I might just release a patch adding stairs and slabs, here's what I forgot to add XD), if you can find any bugs please let me know before they will stay here forever if I don't fix them before porting the mod. :(

Since I am on a mobile right now and I can't remember everything I added (most features were done months ago XD), here's a preview of the changelog (but some features are certainly missing and some names might be wrong):

1.9 - Tainted Update - 06/14/2020

This update introduces the third dimension of the mod (the Taint), some new structures, a new powerful armor, many new mobs, a few features directly from Hodge-Podge II and more.

This is also the last 1.12.2 update, so make sure to report any bugs so I can release a patch before porting to 1.14/1.15.

+Ghoul Dungeon

A structure found directly underneath the Cursed Tree. A portal of Ravenbricks can be found here. (The structure won't retro-generate in old chunks, you'll have to explore new ones and find another Cursed Tree if you're in a old world)

+Ghoul

Found in the Ghoul Dungeon, is very slow until it finds a target, then accelerates

+Ravenbricks

Lit their portal with a Tainted Scepter to go to the Taint

+Taint Dimension

Used to be a beautiful realm, is now corrupted by a noxious toxin. Consists of 3 main biomes: the Tainted Wasteland, the Skeletric Woods and the Dusk Desert

+Tainted Skeleton

A mob found in the Taint, probably used to be one of the explorers who came to the dimension

+Tainted Jabberwock

A Jabberwock that was corrupted and weakened by the Taint's toxin, can be commonly found in the Taint

+Tainted Stone

+Tainted Bricks, Tainted Lantern

+Taintstone Gravel

+Dusk Sand, Dusk Sandstone

+Tainted Grass, Tainted Dirt

+Bonewood trees in the Taint which contain Tainted Crystal Blocks

+Bonewood Log, Bonewood Planks, Bonewood Bookshelf

+Tainted Crystal Block

Break it to get 4 Tainted Crystal Chunks

+Tainted Crystal Chunk

+Tyrianite

Crafted by surrounding a Diamond (or a Cursed Diamond) with 8 Tainted Crystal Chunks

+Tyrianite Armor

More powerful than a Diamond Armor, but not as much as an Armor of the Light (from RaolCraft). Since it's kind of toxic, wearing it might poison you a little (power comes at a cost :/).

+Aurora Helmet

Lets you produce light from the head like a Kobold

+Kobold of the DarkWorld

A Kobold found in the DarkWorld, you might notice it by the light it emits from the candle

+Grahl

A slow cousin of the Oun that deals a lot of damage. Found in the Wastes

+Elgeth

A fast and aggressive cousin of the Oun found in the Wastes.

+Blood Lily

Used to native from the DarkWorld and eaten by Dark Elves, can currently only be found in the Murkwoods (Wastes dimension) (But in future updates there might be remnants of DarkWorld oasis)

+Wood blocks (bark) for each Hodge-Podge wood

+Wax Block

+Golden Bookshelf

+A few WIP things which will actually be introduced in the next update

~Improved advancements

~Reorganised creative tabs

~Done a few other tweaks

! Fixed some bugs

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have just realised that…
Thu, 07/30/2020 - 17:02

I have just realised that the Vorpal Sword and the Wither Blade deal very little damage, the next update (for 1.14.4) will fix it

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
While waiting for 2020.4 I…
Sat, 08/01/2020 - 15:27

While waiting for 2020.4 I playtested this mod a bit in an old modded world and I realised it's simply extremely unbalanced and filled with bugs. It has a huge impact on early-mid game (Arcane Bricks are the most broken building block ever seen, no longer need dirt or cobble XD), but the enemies are very hard to fight, too much for a mod that is actually supposed to be "easy". Here are some of the issues found (which will be fixed in the next update, that will unfortunately be only for 1.14.4):

• Smoky Quartz doesn't generate at all... RIP Wonderland
  • Vorpal Sword and Wither Blade deal the grand amount of 1 damage
  • Slabs can't be crafted (MCreator bug though)
  • Electroslimes, which are supposed to be a basic harmless foes, are a lot harder to fight than any other DarkWorld mob (and they are pretty strong), being very elusive and dealing a ton of damage
  • There's an insane amount of spawners in the Golden Temple and it's basically impossible (unless you have invincible armor or whatever) to complete the dungeon in a normal way
  • Many others I actually forgot XD

You could learn how to predict Electroslimes' moves or how to bypass the dungeon by breaking directly the blocks behind the chests or the spawners, but trial and error doesn't really work in extreme mode and not everyone wants to die so many times just for a mod...

Anyway, besides fixing bugs and balancing the mod, here are a few other things planned for the next update:

• Jabberwock, a new miniboss for the Wonderland
  • An Elf found in a floating isle in the Wonderland who gives you a special reward (the Sunrise Blade) if you have beaten the Jabberwock
  • A taintstone monolith in the Taint where you can find the Nightfall Blade
  • The Sunrise and the Nightfall Blades, some special weapons which have bonus effects if you hold the other blade in the off-hand
  • Oracles found in the Overworld who give you daily prophecies which will actually happen (things that might happen include thunderstorms, bad omens, parasites invasions, the birth of a powerful monster, some positive things and more)
  • A potion which turns you in spectator mode for a few seconds, then teleports you back to where you drank the potion (hoping it will work)
  • Being able to cure Werewolves during nights of full moon by using a potion of weakness and a Silver Apple
  • Beans and Golden Beans (golden beans grow and create huge plants to reach the clouds)

Of course not all of these might be in the update (since I also have to rebuild many structures which no longer work in 1.14), but I've already made some of these and I have a lot of time :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Well, it was faster than…
Sun, 08/09/2020 - 07:40

Well, it was faster than expected XD

Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
somehow this mod feels a lot…
Mon, 08/17/2020 - 12:16

somehow this mod feels a lot better than Raolcraft, maybe because it was made later.

but honestly, all the textures look a lot better, the dimensions feel a lot more polished, the bosses are a lot more balanced (looking at you dark emperor cough cough), and the lore is more interesting. There are also fewer OP items, which somehow finds their way in each of your mods(I definitely isn't talking about you light armor cough cough)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Because it is. Hodge-Podge…
Mon, 08/17/2020 - 16:14

Because it is. Hodge-Podge is indeed a lot better than RaolCraft.

RaolCraft is a huge a mess of random stuff which slowly got more organised. It used to first be an ore mod, then an alloy mod, a machine mod, a magic mod, a dimension mod, an adventure mod, an rpg mod... Now I simply consider it as an "elemental" mod where anything strongly related to a natural element could be added.

Besides its inconsistency, many dimensions are pointless and empty and most mobs are very repetitive... The lore is just something that was randomly thrown in to reduce the mess but it doesn't really make much sense... And, like you said, most textures are very bad (though I don't find it that OP, probably because I never made it to lategame :P). And what kind of name is "RaolCraft" anyway? XD

Hodge-Podge, instead, kind of feels more mature. It doesn't officially have a theme, but it simply adds many new adventures to make survival more engaging. Everything has a use without being too broken (actually, Arcane Bricks are the most overpowered building block ever seen XD), there are incentives to go exploring (the Collector) and ideas are more consistent.

Most of the lore and textures are directly taken from Hodge-Podge II, that's why they a lot better XD

Even if RaolCraft is older and messier and Hodge-Podge has a lot more potential, I won't stop updating it though. It still is my first child mod after all :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What do you think about…
Tue, 09/08/2020 - 20:46

What do you think about these new Mystical Fountain variants?
Default, Desert, Mesa

Jungle and Polar

Taint

What do you think about them? Should there be variants or is the default one enough? Should they be in all Overworld-like dimensions (Wastes, Wonderland and Taint) or not (of course each dimension will have a different statue)? Let me know!