User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Event Horizon Official Topic
Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:37 (edited)

This is Event Horizon's discussion topic. Here you can talk about the mod, suggest a feature or see previews of the next updates.

Old stuff written before the release:

Yep, you read it well. More than a year after the announcement, I am finally releasing (a very alpha version) of my sci-fi mod, Event Horizon.

I initially thought the project was too ambitious, but after creating all the basic mechanics of the mod in just a few days, it looks like I should've done it earlier. It took 4 months to release a very incomplete and unstable port of RaolCraft for 1.14.4, while progress on Event Horizon is going pretty fast.

So... What is Event Horizon actually about?

It is a science-fiction mod where you can leave the Overworld behind to explore new planets, galaxies and even different timelines and a parallel universe! While it will include many sci-fi tropes, like cloning, time travel, antimatter, advanced AIs and such, its main theme will be space.

I think space is a very undervalued theme in the modding community. While there are many space mods, few of these can stand out to the many magic/adventure/tech/vanilla-like ones, and they often are very grindy and may feel unrewarding.

Event Horizon instead, will take a different approach. Like Trailblazer (the mod which actually inspired this one and that I'm still waiting for), you will be able to go to space very early (as soon as you manage to get a diamond pickaxe, so basically nether-tier). Unlike some of my other mods (cough cough RaolCraft), there will no grind at all, you will just have to adventure through the planets you procedurally discover. And each of them will tell its own story: like an rpg mod, but set on space.

Such a project would seem too chaotic and ambitious, but many things will be simplified in order to be more minecrafty. It won't be realistic at all, but it will also try to not contrast real science too much.

Villains

(made by me)

Dansamy

(made by Dansamy)

The mod will be released before the end of the year, likely on December 31. It will be divided in chapters, and the first release will include everything from Chapter 0 (basic mechanics, getting into orbit, going to the Moon).

I could have posted this as a comment in the Hodge-Podge Age ect. topic, but that page is more than a year old, and since next week I'm finally going to release the mod, I created its topic in advance so I can get some early feedback :)

So... I think I wrote enough for today, thanks for reading, Merry Christmas (even if it's late) and stay safe! :)

Edited by RaolTheBest on Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:37
Last seen on 15:45, 10. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How do you contact aliens?
Fri, 01/01/2021 - 09:21

How do you contact aliens?

Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I just completed the mod in…
Fri, 01/01/2021 - 10:02

I just completed the mod in under 20 minutes! I have some requests to make the mod more fun.

1: Add a feature that allows you to travel to your spaceship from anywhere. It could be found from extracting asterocks!

2: Make the moon towns have more houses!

3: Add hurt sounds to the mobs.

4: Add hostile monsters to the moon.

5: Maybe add some new overworld mobs like UFO's, Robot Rovers and Alien Invaders.

Also, what planet is next?

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Basically you have to find a…
Fri, 01/01/2021 - 10:08

Basically you have to find a structure made of violet bricks (it is very common, but only generates in simple biomes like plains, forests, etc.), mine the obsidian covering the teleporter and right-click it.

The next time you sleep, alien robots will attack you as you wake up. Defeating them will drop an item which can be used on the structure you found earlier to teleport to your spaceship.

This initial part actually isn't as intuitive as the others so I'll write it on the mod description

Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Im Starting Developent on a…
Fri, 01/01/2021 - 10:22

Im Starting Developent on a mod called Space and Beyond. Read the forum topic to learn more about it! :D

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Oh, looks like you have just…
Fri, 01/01/2021 - 10:29

Oh, looks like you have just completed the mod while I was writing the message XD

1- You can already find structures that teleport you to the spaceship (only in the Earth and the Moon though), but in the next update I will also add an item that teleports you to the spaceship while you are in Outer Space, good idea :)

2- That's obvious, in the next update there will be a lot more :P

3- I would probably have to create custom sounds for them (since it would be weird to hear the same sounds of Overworld mobs). I'm extremely bad at anything concerning music, but I will try creating some :)

4- The Moon is supposed to feel like a desert, only colonizers (and their pets, which will be added in the future) live there. However, in the next update, while talking with the Azurer mayor, some space pirates will attack you, and I'll consider making pirates attacks on the Moon a frequent event to make the dimension less boring.

5- That's all planned for the future, but I want to focus more on the base progression right now

I still have to decide actually XD

Chapter 1 will be about fighting space pirates, who will attack you first on the Moon, then on your own spaceship. After the two battles, you will gain access to 2 new planets (Venus and Mars) and a dwarf planet (Pluto obviously :P). Not all of them will be necessary for progression (Mars will sure be optional), so I'm not sure in which order they will be added. I didn't initially plan to add planets from the Solar System at all, but I changed my ideas :)

Thank you for playing the mod and for the feedback :D

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The next update is coming…
Sat, 01/02/2021 - 17:51

The next update is coming soon! It will be the first from chapter 1. Here's what's planned (D means Done, I means In development, T means To do):

• AIbert will now follow you around, translating what aliens say (D)
  • Azuders' mayor: while talking with him some space pirates will attack the colonies! (I)
  • After defeating the first pirates, others will attack your spaceship once you come back, dropping new spacemaps when killed (you will have to wait for 1.2 to use them though) (T)
  • New custom sounds! (D)
  • Lunar iron ore found in the depths of the Moon (D)
  • While falling from the Outer Space dimension, you will be teleported to Earth, burning at a very high altitude (at least you will lose the inventory in the Overworld - or even save your life if you manage to fall on water - rather than losing everything in the void) (D)
  • New tips for AIbert (D)
  • New structures for Moon colonies (and maybe even moon rabbits) (T)
  • And much more! (I)

The update will be released next week :)

Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yes! I'm so excited!
Sat, 01/02/2021 - 18:24

Yes! I'm so excited!

Last seen on 23:11, 16. Jul 2023
Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Moon rabbits come from that…
Thu, 01/07/2021 - 01:04

Moon rabbits come from that legend that talked about the rabbit in the dark part of the moon?

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't know which side are…
Sat, 01/09/2021 - 16:25

I don't know which side are they supposed to live in, but they are from eastern folklore

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
And the update that finally…
Sat, 01/23/2021 - 21:50

And the update that finally introduces Chapter 1 is released!

Talk with Azuders, meet Moon Rabbits, fight pirates, fight them again and much more in this new version!

It will probably take many more updates to get to Chapter 2 (many planets are planned for this first chapter).

From the changelog:

1.1 - Artemis Update - 01/23/2020 - 132 mod elements
+You can now talk with Azuders (AIbert will translate their language for you)
+Siderrot Cookie, Siderrot Bread, Dried Siderrot, Siderrot Stew and Siderrot Pie
Azuders' diet is very balanced and diverse
+Moon Rabbit
Passive creatures found in Moon Colonies which can be bred using Siderrot foods
+Azuders' Mayor
Found in the Moon Colonies' town hall; after speaking with him for the first time, some pirates will do a surprise attack. If you defeat the pirates, another surprise attack will follow it (this time on your spaceship)
+Cyan Raider
A hostile pirate who attacks using a Protonic Waraxe
+Elven Smuggler
A hostile pirate who attacks from the distance
+Protonic Waraxe
+Calapuff
A little flying pirate who attacks on melee
+Lumistro Bounty Hunter
A hostile pirate who attacks on melee and drops the Mars and Venus Spacemaps
+Regeneration Capsule
Regenerates you while inside it; can be found in Moon Colonies and can only be placed between specific blocks (which can be found in your spaceship)
+Lunar Iron Ore
Found in the depths of the Moon, can be smelted to get Iron Ingots
+A few new structures in the Moon Colonies
+Added many new custom sounds
+AIbert can now tell more tips
+New Advancements
+Mars, Venus and Pluto Spacemaps
Will be used in the future for exploration
~When falling from Outer Space you will now be teleported to the top of Earth, falling and catching fire for hundreds of blocks
~Done a few more tweaks
! Fixed a few bugs

See you next time on Mars! ;)

Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hooray, I have had fun with…
Mon, 02/01/2021 - 19:03

Hooray, I have had fun with this new update!

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I'm glad you liked it :)…
Tue, 02/02/2021 - 13:35

I'm glad you liked it :)

Screenshots about the next one are also coming soon :P

Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yay! Also, thank you so much…
Tue, 02/02/2021 - 13:58

Yay! Also, thank you so much for the textures. I remade many of the items as well. I'm trying to find a way to make venus look nice.

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I generally do a few…
Thu, 02/04/2021 - 22:57

I generally do a few researches before adding a new planet, but here are some tips regarding Venus:

• Its surface is the hottest of the any planet from the Solar System, covered with volcanoes, lava and craters everywhere, so if you plan to add any aliens to it they should be able to survive at extremely high temperatures
  • Its name comes from the Roman goddess of beauty and love, so perhaps you could add a few references to that
  • Its outer atmosphere is very dense, but it is more similar to Earth at low altitudes; it's mostly made of CO2 so it's very toxic
  • Some studies speculate that it once was covered with oceans and its atmosphere was very similar to Earth (at all heights), but all the water vaporized as the atmosphere got concentrated of greenhouse gases (this is just a theory though); maybe there could be some ruins to hint at this fact?

Hope these will help you :)