User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Event Horizon Official Topic
Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:37 (edited)

This is Event Horizon's discussion topic. Here you can talk about the mod, suggest a feature or see previews of the next updates.

Old stuff written before the release:

Yep, you read it well. More than a year after the announcement, I am finally releasing (a very alpha version) of my sci-fi mod, Event Horizon.

I initially thought the project was too ambitious, but after creating all the basic mechanics of the mod in just a few days, it looks like I should've done it earlier. It took 4 months to release a very incomplete and unstable port of RaolCraft for 1.14.4, while progress on Event Horizon is going pretty fast.

So... What is Event Horizon actually about?

It is a science-fiction mod where you can leave the Overworld behind to explore new planets, galaxies and even different timelines and a parallel universe! While it will include many sci-fi tropes, like cloning, time travel, antimatter, advanced AIs and such, its main theme will be space.

I think space is a very undervalued theme in the modding community. While there are many space mods, few of these can stand out to the many magic/adventure/tech/vanilla-like ones, and they often are very grindy and may feel unrewarding.

Event Horizon instead, will take a different approach. Like Trailblazer (the mod which actually inspired this one and that I'm still waiting for), you will be able to go to space very early (as soon as you manage to get a diamond pickaxe, so basically nether-tier). Unlike some of my other mods (cough cough RaolCraft), there will no grind at all, you will just have to adventure through the planets you procedurally discover. And each of them will tell its own story: like an rpg mod, but set on space.

Such a project would seem too chaotic and ambitious, but many things will be simplified in order to be more minecrafty. It won't be realistic at all, but it will also try to not contrast real science too much.

Villains

(made by me)

Dansamy

(made by Dansamy)

The mod will be released before the end of the year, likely on December 31. It will be divided in chapters, and the first release will include everything from Chapter 0 (basic mechanics, getting into orbit, going to the Moon).

I could have posted this as a comment in the Hodge-Podge Age ect. topic, but that page is more than a year old, and since next week I'm finally going to release the mod, I created its topic in advance so I can get some early feedback :)

So... I think I wrote enough for today, thanks for reading, Merry Christmas (even if it's late) and stay safe! :)

Edited by RaolTheBest on Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:37
Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
WELCOME TO MARS! Unlike the…
Sat, 02/06/2021 - 22:36

WELCOME TO MARS!
Mars

Unlike the Moon, Mars is an optional place to visit (but still very recommended because of the weapons you can get here). Reflecting the Roman god of war who inspired its name, it is filled with hostile mobs, being the ideal place for grinding. On Mars, in fact, you will be able to get tons of XP, weapons, cosmocoins and materials, but will you survive?

Gravity on Mars is something between Earth and Moon. Since there is no oxygen, you'll need to wear an Astronaut's Helmet to breath. It will also protect you from the poison emitted by Mars's toxic surface.

Mars is very rich in iron (thus the red color). While you cannot extract it from the soil, you will still be able to find Iron Ore at a very common rate:

iron ore

Anyway, let's talk about the mobs now:

arrugginitron

The first one is the Arrugginitron: an Ingumatron which was sent long ago on Mars and got rusty over the time. It is a bit weaker than its regular counterpart, but has a chance to drop a random metal rather than the usual Space Energy Core. And you'll need the latter, since Violet Teleporters are broken on Mars (you'll have to repair them like on Earth)!

lost uralien raider

Then there are Lost Uralien Raiders (yep, Cyan Raiders now actually got a name). Spending that much time lost on Mars mustn't have been a beautiful experience, and as a result she now looks more like a zombie rather than a pirate... She drops Cosmocoins on death.

martian creeper

Next there are... yellow creepers (still have to find a name for them). They might look like a lazy recolor of a vanilla mob (they absolutely aren't), but they were added because Creepers will be important in Chapter 2, regardless of Mars. Unlike normal Creepers, they explode istantly, but at a shorter range. They still drop gunpowder when killed by someone who isn't themselves.

rougetusk

Finally, an actually original mob... Rougetusks! Unlike the other mobs mentioned earlier, these little guys are neutral and don't actually have a drop... for the moment.

Nothing really exciting, right? Well, here comes a new mechanic:

RADIATIONS!

While staying on Mars you might find some Radioactive Asterocks (still have to make them generate though). These rare blocks emit lethal radiations which slowly (very slowly) damage whoever is near. And, if they manage to kill a mob, rather than simply dying, that mob will MUTATE!

*insert epic music here*

mutated redtusk

mutated creeper

mutated creeper 2

I added a BlockBench screenshot too since the creeper moved too fast and I wasn't able to catch a screenshot while it hopens its mouth

Mutated mobs are stronger, faster and better versions of boring regular mobs! They drop more XP (and in the future unique loot too), but try to not fight too many of them at once or you would easily die!

Mutated mobs get new abilities (mutated creeper jumps in the air before exploding and mutated rougetusk is always aggressive, but actual abilities will be added soon), besides improved stats. They also are immune to radiations.

You could just break some Radioactive Asterocks and replace them anywhere you want to make a farm (they were also designed for this purpose). Right now, only yellow creepers and rougetusks mutate (but many more are coming soon!). If you like the idea, I will also add mutated vanilla mobs (in another update though).

As a bonus, pigs will also mutate in zombie pigmen, to easily make a gold farm.

There also are some new changes (when teleporting to a planet, you will be falling from high altitues to prevent spawning buried underground - since gravity is low fall damage isn't a problem; the weird stone platform automatically generated by Minecraft under the spaceship was removed), but the update is only 30% ready! New weapons, outposts, npcs and ruins are also coming soon!

Hope you will like the next update :)

Last seen on 15:45, 10. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
cool. i think you should…
Sun, 02/07/2021 - 14:55

cool. i think you should make the mars rocks more red. seeming as it is the red planet. also, it looks like you didnt add martians. But to be honest i dont mind.

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@FreddyFoxGam3r Martian…
Mon, 02/08/2021 - 20:08

@FreddyFoxGam3r

Martian rocks actually are more orange-y, but I probably drew them too saturated

Regarding Martians, Mars is supposed to feel "wild" so there will be no cities, villages, colonies etc. (though there will be some rare outposts). There will actually be some ruins though to hint that an advanced civilization might have lived there in the past

@Klemen

Thank you! It actually is just a reskin of another robot from the same mod, but I thought the mod would feel to chaotic and forgettable if each mob looked completely different from the others (besides taking too much time to be made), so I added a rusty robot as the first martian mob :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Just as the NASA rover has…
Thu, 02/18/2021 - 23:07

Just as the NASA rover has just arrived at Mars, Mars has just arrived at Event Horizon (it actually was just a coincidence but nevermind)!

In this update, you'll be able to visit Mars (obviously), fight its many mobs, watch them mutate into even stronger mobs, collect a lot of loot, meet some new NPCs and complete quests for them, use torchlights and lightsabers and much more!

The next update, 1.3, won't bring Venus (which will be totally different from Mars and will come in 1.4), but will instead add more mobs and structures to Mars, more mutated mobs, a way to get mars&venus spacemaps if something goes wrong with pirate battles and more.

NPCs giving quest will be a recurring mechanic: you'll find those kind of NPCs very often (though not as much as you find trading NPCs which basically is ANY friendly NPC), and future quests will include something different from basic bring-me-that-item tasks.

Now I'm a bit unsure about which mod to update next, I've basically ignored any mod which isn't Event Horizon this year :P

Anyway, here's the changelog:

1.2 - Ares Update - 02/18/2020 - 201 mod elements
+Mars
No oxygen, little gravity (more than Moon though), toxic rocks, radioactive meteorites, hostile mobs. This is the ideal place for grinding, but will you survive?
+Martian Soil, Martian Rocks
The first covers the surface, the latter is the main block of the planet
+Martian Iron Ore
Mars is very rich in iron, which can be found pretty much anywhere
+Martian Bricks, Martian Brick Slab, Martian Brick Stairs, Carved Martian Bricks
+Rougetusk
A little neutral mob who swarms the surface of Mars
Its mutated form is stronger, faster and always aggressive
+Rougetusk Meat
Disgusting, but at least restores some hunger
+Rougetusk Shell
Sometimes dropped by Mutated Rougetusks
+Arrugginitron
A rusty Ingumatron who wanders around Mars, attacking players and dropping either a Space Energy Core or a random metal
+Naranja Creeper
Found on Mars, instantly explodes when near players
Its mutated form is faster jumps in air while exploding
+Naranja Creeper Scales
Sometimes dropped by Mutated Naranja Creepers
+Lost Uralien Raider
Staying that long on Mars mustn't have been fun... She looks more like a zombie than a pirate
+Radioactive Asterock
Found on martian surface, manates toxic radiations which might mutate nearby mobs
+Diamond Asterock
Rarely found on Mars, its diamond can be extracted using an Asterock Extractor
+Mars Outpost
The only place where you can find friendly NPCs on Mars
+Calapuff Colonizer
Sells you food and talks in a weird way
+Lumistro Settler
Gives you quests to complete for a reward and sells miscellaneous items
+Flashlight
Emits light in the direction you're looking at
+Lightsaber
Deals more damage on consecutive hits
+New advancements
+More tips and analysis for AIbert
+Many new custom sounds
+A few WIP stuff
~Teleporting to the Moon or Mars will now happen at high altitudes to prevent you from spawning buried underground (the fall won't matter anyway because of low gravity)
~The stone platform automatically generated by Minecraft at the bottom of Outer Space is now removed
~Renamed Cyan Raider to Uralien Raider and Calapuff (the hostile one) to Calapuff Swabbie
~Done a few more tweaks
! Fixed some bugs

Last seen on 20:15, 1. Oct 2021
Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I wanted to play with this…
Thu, 03/11/2021 - 15:43

I wanted to play with this mod in Creative Mode (I want to build on the moon) but I can't figure out how to go to space. Can you help me?

Last seen on 15:45, 10. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
you need to use a violet…
Thu, 03/11/2021 - 15:58

you need to use a violet teleporter

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Well, looks like my reply to…
Sat, 03/13/2021 - 12:59

Well, looks like my reply to your other comment is useless now.. . XD

Last seen on 20:15, 1. Oct 2021
Joined Jan 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
No, thanks so much for your…
Sat, 03/13/2021 - 13:03

No, thanks so much for your detailed description! I appreciate you replying!

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you for your comment! …
Sat, 03/13/2021 - 13:07

Thank you for your comment! :)

Last seen on 12:48, 12. Feb 2024
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
add magnese(a black rock)…
Wed, 08/04/2021 - 12:55

add magnese(a black rock) biome and maybe add volcanoes too.

also in the next you could mars' two moons diemos and phobos

Last seen on 12:48, 12. Feb 2024
Joined Aug 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
*in the next update*
Wed, 08/04/2021 - 12:55

*in the next update*