User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Event Horizon Official Topic
Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:37 (edited)

This is Event Horizon's discussion topic. Here you can talk about the mod, suggest a feature or see previews of the next updates.

Old stuff written before the release:

Yep, you read it well. More than a year after the announcement, I am finally releasing (a very alpha version) of my sci-fi mod, Event Horizon.

I initially thought the project was too ambitious, but after creating all the basic mechanics of the mod in just a few days, it looks like I should've done it earlier. It took 4 months to release a very incomplete and unstable port of RaolCraft for 1.14.4, while progress on Event Horizon is going pretty fast.

So... What is Event Horizon actually about?

It is a science-fiction mod where you can leave the Overworld behind to explore new planets, galaxies and even different timelines and a parallel universe! While it will include many sci-fi tropes, like cloning, time travel, antimatter, advanced AIs and such, its main theme will be space.

I think space is a very undervalued theme in the modding community. While there are many space mods, few of these can stand out to the many magic/adventure/tech/vanilla-like ones, and they often are very grindy and may feel unrewarding.

Event Horizon instead, will take a different approach. Like Trailblazer (the mod which actually inspired this one and that I'm still waiting for), you will be able to go to space very early (as soon as you manage to get a diamond pickaxe, so basically nether-tier). Unlike some of my other mods (cough cough RaolCraft), there will no grind at all, you will just have to adventure through the planets you procedurally discover. And each of them will tell its own story: like an rpg mod, but set on space.

Such a project would seem too chaotic and ambitious, but many things will be simplified in order to be more minecrafty. It won't be realistic at all, but it will also try to not contrast real science too much.

Villains

(made by me)

Dansamy

(made by Dansamy)

The mod will be released before the end of the year, likely on December 31. It will be divided in chapters, and the first release will include everything from Chapter 0 (basic mechanics, getting into orbit, going to the Moon).

I could have posted this as a comment in the Hodge-Podge Age ect. topic, but that page is more than a year old, and since next week I'm finally going to release the mod, I created its topic in advance so I can get some early feedback :)

So... I think I wrote enough for today, thanks for reading, Merry Christmas (even if it's late) and stay safe! :)

Edited by RaolTheBest on Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:37
Last seen on 13:59, 19. May 2023
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Dansaamy is so good at…
Tue, 12/29/2020 - 06:12

Dansaamy is so good at drawing

sorry, I mean dansamy 

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@dansamy Thank you! I was…
Tue, 12/29/2020 - 10:35

@dansamy

Thank you! I was thinking about a name regarding blue or the moon, Bluling sounds nice, I will consider that :)

@_CrimsonInferno_

Thank you :)

Villages actually are the only feature I still have to do before releasing the mod. Anyway, since they are supposed to be colonies built on an otherwise uninhabited moon, and since I'm too lazy to do villages in the proper way, I've just created a biome where houses, greenhouses, laboratories etc. will randomly generate. There will be no streets (would be useless on the Moon anyway) and structures could generate far from each other (but there is a lot of space so it's natural).

To create a proper village you should probably use the jigsaw block (but I've never tried it so I can't help you), structures that generate other random structures using procedures or something similar.

If you don't mind watching a video I found this, but I remember there should also be some tutorial mods with downloadable workspace here on the website.

Last seen on 17:03, 19. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
please foxes :D
Tue, 12/29/2020 - 14:46

please foxes :D

Last seen on 23:11, 16. Jul 2023
Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@bananarang_mods Tysm! I…
Tue, 12/29/2020 - 15:53

@bananarang_mods

Tysm! I have been abducted (get it?) by this mod since i saw its presentation, and a drawing seem worth it :)

@RaolTheBest

If the aliens are just recent colonizers from the moon their name souldnt reffer to the moon (i guess)

Last seen on 13:59, 19. May 2023
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
lol pun ^^
Wed, 12/30/2020 - 00:11

lol pun ^^

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@TheLuxureSlime There will…
Wed, 12/30/2020 - 12:27

@TheLuxureSlime

There will obviously be some fox-like aliens (maybe referencing kitsune), I just have to choose where :)

@dansamy

Well, that doesn't matter much if the moon reference is well hidden

For example, i named a material used to create building blocks "Yuetal" (from Chinese "Yue" which means Moon... I learnt that by watching Avatar lol), even if it's not found on the Moon but by extracting resources from asteroids/meteorites using special machine

@banarang_mods

Looks like you like jokes, prepare for A LOT of horrible space puns in Event Horizon then bWhaWhahahH >:D

You were so quiet this year…
Wed, 12/30/2020 - 15:57

You were so quiet this year I forgot you and Event Horizonz. XD I can't wait its release to see it!

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have been quite inactive…
Wed, 12/30/2020 - 18:44

I have been quite inactive this year XD

By the way, I have just finished developing every feature planned for the first version. I didn't release it yet (but I could have) because I want to playtest it a little bit more. This way I'll also have time to catch screenshots and write a good description.

Anyway, I finally decided the name of the alien: it will be Azuder (azure+intruder). It is a passive mob, you can't talk with it (yet), but you can barter with it piglin-style. You drop a Cosmocoin (currency used in the whole universe, if someone has a better name please tell me XD) and it will give you useful materials or an astronaut helmet (in case you lost the ones found in the spaceship).

You will be able to trade using Cosmocoins in a similar way with any friendly NPC from the mod. Right now there isn't a proper way to obtain them (besides looting Azuders' own chests... lol), but in the next major update you will be able to fight some space pirates which drop some (and in the future you might also be able to gain some coins by completing quests and simile).

And... I don't want to spoiler too much, just wait for tomorrow (the mod isn't big at all - less than 100 elements probably - but updates will be little yet very frequent and impactful) :)

Last seen on 15:45, 10. Apr 2024
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This mod sounds sick! I have…
Wed, 12/30/2020 - 19:57

This mod sounds sick! I have an idea for the currency name. Galactic Gallions.

I think every planet should have a boss. The moon could have a massive three eyed Alien with a laser gun. Also, I have an idea. You should include references to pop culture. For example. You should add Skaro (The home planet of the Daleks, also for your information, skaro looks like Mars but paler and with small jungles).

I have an idea for a planet. It could be called Penumbras and it would be an eyeball planet (An eyeball planet is a planet that doesn't rotate on its axis, so one half is day and one half is night). One side would be a desert and the other side would be frozen. The middle would be a jungle/grassland. The boss could be a Queen Insect Boss!

Also, I'm working on a Sci Fi Mod. It has different bosses and stuff and has a long progression that starts VERY early game! I have no idea for the name.

Anyway, Thank you for reading! :)

Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Azure comes from Spanish? …
Thu, 12/31/2020 - 00:11

Azure comes from Spanish? (Blue = Azul)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@FreddyFoxGam3r Thank you…
Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:15

@FreddyFoxGam3r

Thank you for the name idea, but what does Gallions mean?😅

I don't want to make the mod feel too schematic, so there won't be a specific boss for each planet like in RaolCraft. There will be at least an important battle per dimension though (battles caused by specific events and not just random mob spawning) :)

And the idea for the moon boss looks cool, I will probably recycle it for something else :D

I plan to include many pop references. Maybe not entire planets (there already are too many dimensions planned), but smaller features like lightsabers etc. Unfortunately I've never seen Doctor Who so I won't make any references from it :(

I didn't even know about eyeball planets, I will sure create one if I manage to :) The insect boss is interesting, but I don't know if will I add it to Hodge-Podge or Event Horizon.

I have no idea about the name, it took me months to choose "Event Horizon" and the inspiration was very random XD

You should open a topic about it to discuss the ideas and get some feedback

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@dansamy Azure actually is…
Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:17

@dansamy

Azure actually is an English word too :)

I don't know much about Spanish to be honest (but I would understand it since it's very similar to Italian)

Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
In Spain a time ago there…
Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:22

In Spain a time ago there was an ad about some italian classes i think that was (idk if im writing it well, it was just saying it) "El Italiano es molto fachile e divertente, molto simili al Españolo" :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Spanish probably is the…
Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:49

Spanish probably is the easiest language to understand if you are Italian (I don't know if it's the same for you) :)

Anyway, today I've finally released the mod. It is quite small right now, but it already introduces the basic mechanics, space and tree Moon. Updates will be released very soon though

I wasn't really sure initially if I was actually going to release it (I already made many mods and this is going to be a very complex one), but you guys (especially you, Dansamy) liked the project and supported me so much I would have felt bad for not releasing it XD

Thank you all and hope you will enjoy the mod :)