Powder Power brings powder alchemy to Minecraft and takes Lapis and Redstone to new heights.
In a nutshell, this mod is intended to enable players to gain enchantments for armor, tools, and weapons and potion effects all through mining and crafting.
Powder Power utilizes very simple powder alchemy, done in a Vanilla Crafting Table, to unleash the power of most of the resources already in Minecraft.
Tested and works fine on Forge Servers.
- An Alchemist's Hammer used to obtain powders from blocks by right-clicking (also a pretty good pickaxe by itself)
- New powders to mine from Iron Ore, Gold Ore, Prismarine, Obsidian, Redstone Ore, Lapis Ore, Diamond Ore, Emerald Ore, Netherquartz Ore, Endstone, and Purpur blocks
- New Ender Powder obtained by using a Mortar and Pestle
- Six levels of Alchemist Stones used in crafting recipes
- Six levels of Alchemist Wands used to enchant armors, tools, and weapons (without an Enchanting Table)
- Three levels of new coal that provide up to 32x the life of Vanilla coal
- Four new materials to craft armor, tools, and weapons with: Redium, Lapium, Gemium, and Trilium (Redium and Lapium are the same level of stats, so there are three tiers)
- New Talismans that provide permanent effect while in player inventory: Fire Resistance, Haste, Luck, Night Vision, Saturation, Resistance, Regeneration, Speed, Strength, JumpBoost, and Water Breathing
- Four VBR (Vertical Block Remover) that remove one down and 2, 4, or 6 blocks above the block you right-click on
- Iron, Gold, Diamond, Emerald, and Quartz Powders can be smelted into their Vanilla equivalent, essentially providing ore/gem doubling
This mod adds nothing to worldgen.
By combining these powders in different ways, you will be able to create (4) new elements to work with: Redium, Lapium, Gemium, and Trilium. These new materials allow you to create armors, tools, weapons, foods, and magical items that will give "plain old vanilla" Minecraft a whole new flavor.
All recipes are in JEI, which is highly recommended.
General powder alchemy crafting combinations:
No new machines, altars, rituals, or rain dances are required.
TIP: Make an Alchemist's Hammer and use it to obtain powders by right-clicking on ores and other blocks.