IMPORTANT: Development of this mod is paused for the time being, due to other projects, college and lack of motivation.
What is WJB's Barely-Coherent Biome Mod?
It's a mod I've been teasing on my Tumblr for a while. It adds new mobs, blocks, items and biomes to Minecraft.
- 38 mobs (not counting colour variants), most of which use custom models.
- 23 items, including armour, the latter of which uses a custom model.
- 54 blocks (not counting dyed variants).
- 11 biomes (8 overworld, 3 other).
- 11 paintings.
- A full list of features can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-ypeD2ajHm801kxavWrUdA7THe7PavzBGVE…
Planned features and changes
- More structures for the biomes.
- The rest of the poll biomes.
Bugs and Issues
If you encounter a bug or error, comment below.
- The Antique Minigun has a misplaced texture that means that the handle flickers.
- Added 52 blocks: Bloodwood (logs, wood, stripped logs, stripped wood, planks, slabs, stairs, doors and trapdoors), Toxic Mushrooms, Toxic Fog, Toxic Mushroom Block, Gross Abyss Plant, Ancient Wood (leaves, logs, wood, stripped logs, stripped wood, planks, slabs, stairs, doors and trapdoors), Limestone, Polished Limestone, Limestone Fossil, Dark Sand, Jade, Chalk (all 16 dye colours and plain), Shadow Block, Shadow Wood (logs, wood, stripped logs, stripped wood, planks, slabs, stairs, doors and trapdoors), Light Crystal Block, Light Crystal Ore, Rage Wood (leaves, stripped logs, stripped wood, planks, slabs, stairs, doors and trapdoors) and Rage Sand.
- Added 28 mobs: Small Anglerfish, Big Anglerfish, Jellyfish, Mushroom Creature, Whale, Terracotta Constructs (17 types), Terracotta Vessel (17 types), Raptor, Raptor Skeleton, Ammonite, Diplocaulus, Dunkleosteus, Trilobites (24 types), Desert Bug, Tunneller, Chalk Strider, Kobold, Living Shadow, Net-Head, Turret, Light-Turret, Rage Giant, Rage Zombie, Rage Creeper, Rage Skeleton and Rage Fish.
- Added 2 bosses: Colossus, Fallen King Prismus
- Added 15 items: Raptor Leg, Jade Fragment, Jade Hammer, Jade Blade, Jade Scythe, Ammonite Rings, Dunkleosteus Plate, Bone-Plate Armour (Helmet, Chestplate, Leggings and Boots), Obsidian Shard, Light Crystals, Light Sword, Turret, Light-Turret, Totem of Darkness, Ruined Sword and Dimensional Crosser.
- 7 Overworld Biomes: Bloodwood Plains, Open Ocean, Toxic Mushroom Forest, Ancient Forest, Bone Desert, Bone Ocean, Chalk Canyon.
- 2 Dimensions: Shadow Realm, Rage World (Rage Grasslands, Rage Ocean)
- 11 Paintings: 2Fort, Liquefied WJB, Clockwork Earth Elemental, Night Scene, Splatter, Soup, Jellyfish, WJB Portrait, Blank Canvas, Q*Bert, Painting of a Painting.
1.1/The Biodiversity Update (in development):
- Upgraded to 1.16.5
- New features:
- 2 Blocks: Peat and Peat Grass
- 1 Plant: Reeds
- 1 Biome: Peat Bog
- 10 Mobs: Rage Pig, Kiwi, Whale Shark, Walking Fang, Terracotta Spider (17 types), Preserved Zombie (Melee and Ranged), Frog, Toad, Snail and Meganeura (green and orange variants).
- 8 Weapons: Revolver, Flintlock, Blunderbuss, Cannon, Hand Mortar, Grenade, Flaregun and Antique Minigun.
- 4 Items: Revolver Bullet, Flintlock Ball, Cannonball and Flare.
- 4 Advancements:
- 1 Root Advancement: "Gun Upgrade System".
- 3 Normal Advancements: "A Big Iron on your Hip" (for crafting a Revolver), "Let's Get Serious" (for crafting a Cannon), "Spreading the Word" (for crafting a Blunderbuss), "Kaboom!" (for crafting a Hand Mortar), "Do You Believe in Magic?" (for crafting a Flaregun) and "Cry Some More!" (for crafting an Antique Minigun).
- 2 Secret Advancements (currently unobtainable): "Dual Pistols and a Wink" and "Messing With The Best".
- Added a new "Falling Leaves" ambient particle to the Ancient Forest.
- There's a tiered weapon system based around combining your guns with random objects to make them do more damage, have unique gimmicks etc.
- Merged the two Light Sword advancements.
- Made the Shadow Realm look (and sound!) nicer.
- Fixed the names of the wooden stairs and sorted the Wooden Fences into the Decorations category.
- Removed the Chargeless Crosser and modified the entry method for the Rage World.
- Renamed the Dimensional Crosser (Rage Configuration) to Dimensional Crosser.
- Completely overhauled the Jellyfish's model, hitbox and texture to better resemble an actual jellyfish, and changed what touching it does.
- The Jellyfish painting is also changed, but only by making the colour grey.
- Renamed Petrification to Paralysis and removed the visual effect.
1.2/It Came From The Desert
- New features:
- 6 Blocks: Blue Sand, Blue Sandstone (normal, Chiselled, Cut, Smooth and Glowing).
- ? Items
- ? Weapons
- 5 Mobs: Neon Saucer, Neon Strider, Neon Drone, Neon Worker and Neon Robot.
- 1 New biome: Neon.