Beacons, amirite? Considering they're one of the most challenging things in the game for your average player to obtain, they're kind of a let down. You've got to fight a Wither, invest a copious amount of resources, and for what? Some basic status effects. You can make the thing out of any material, but it has no impact whatsoever on said effects. What's more, they're of no use whatsoever in multiplayer; granting said effects to any players in their radius. Which, again, isn't that important, since their effects are kinda dinky. If they weren't the only way to get Haste, they probably wouldn't be used at all.
...Tirade aside, this mod aims to fix these issues, and make the most of that lost potential, particularly in regards to making beacons useful in more competitive multiplayer settings. As a quick overview:
- Beacons now have 15 effects to choose from, with each additional layer unlocking 5 new effects. Some of the new ones include increasing the beacon's radius, summoning spirits to defend the beacon, and higher levels of haste.
- Beacons now require a supply of experience in order to supply their effects. This won't be much of a draw in singleplayer; but the beacon will burn through energy faster the more things it's targeting.
- Different materials increase the capacity of the beacon. (Diamond, for example, is better than Copper.) A higher capacity allows you to have more effects enabled at once.
- Beacons can be Locked using a named Sigil item. When locked, a beacon will only provide positive effects to players carrying a matching Sigil, and will provide negative effects to players without one.
- Beacons have some nifty new sound and lighting effects, because honestly, they ought to look/sound cooler. Sound effects are based on the power, type, and number of effects of the beacon.
~ For further details on different abilities, technical details, bug reports, etc; refer to the Curseforge page ~
- Totally overhauled Beacons. Awesome.
- Fixed Sigil duping glitch.
- Updated to version 1.19.4
- Changed evil sentinel/ward/forcefield textures to better resemble Vex.
- Reconfigured sound effect radius to try to fix abrupt transitions when loading into the game near a beacon/approaching a beacon quickly.
- Added some basic tooltips to the beacon interface.
- Fixed broken SFX