The third snapshot of MCreator 2021.2 is here. This snapshot adds some quite notable new features, including specific overlay targets, potions split to item and effect, and much more.
Alongside to features mentioned before, some other notable changes are two new themes from the theme contest, fishing rod tool type, improved style of generated code, custom dispense behaviors for item mod elements, and tons of new procedures.
Major new features, improvements, and bug fixes in this snapshot are highlighted with bold text.
- Updated Blockly to 2021 Q2
- Updated Minecraft Forge for 1.16.5 to 36.2.0
- Added two community-contributed themes to the core: Matrix and Midnight
- Externalized more UI texts for translation
- Custom themes can now specify UI backgrounds
- Added global trigger side indicators in the procedure editor
- Improved generated code style in some places
- Added support to specify procedure action result where supported
- Split potion mod element into effect and item
- Custom potion items can now have multiple effect entires with different properties
- Added fishing rod tool type
- Added ranged item bullet entity to the bullet trigger dependencies
- Item mod element can now specify a custom dispense behavior
- Added option to specify the target of custom overlay mod element
- Added more fluid properties: can sources multiply, flow rate, level decrease, and slope find distance, drip particles, light opacity, and temperature
- Streamlined image editor transparency/opacity workflow: opacity sliders are replaced by sliders in the color chooser, color picker now picks opacity, you can set secondary colors using a shift-click, color chooser now shows transparency preview
- Added new item procedure blocks: is item food, get food value of item, get saturation value of item
- Added new block procedure blocks: is side of block solid, spawn falling block entity
- Added new entity procedure blocks: get and set oxygen level, is blocking, is elytra flying
- Added new player procedure blocks: get fly speed, get walk speed
- Added sound category parameter to play sound procedure blocks
- Added block state dependency to procedure triggers that support it
- [Bugfix] Water entities moved very slowly
- [Bugfix] Set number game rule procedure block could crash the game in some cases
- [Bugfix] Light opacity parameter did not work properly
- [Bugfix] Some other minor fixes and improvements
- Custom blocks using log rotation in existing world saves may change placement direction
As you may have already noticed on our social channels, the themes contest is over and we have the winners: Midnight and Matrix themes made by Van and Max094_Reikeb respectively. You can see how they look like below, but even better, you can download this snapshot and test them yourself ;)
As you might have noticed, this is the third release but is not called pre-release. This is because we will be doing a fourth snapshot this time which will be the pre-release. The reason for this is due to so many new features this snapshot adds, so we can do some more testing before releasing the full release, so make sure to install this snapshot and test it out as much as possible.
Make sure to tell us what you think about the update in the comments, test out the snapshot, and report bugs in the snapshot.
Due to two major bugs preventing users from testing the snapshot out, we are re-releasing it. To update, download and install the latest snapshot from the snapshot downloads pages. This will fix these two bugs:
- [Bugfix, FG 1.16.5] Gradle failed to run on some computers
- [Bugfix] In some rare cases, some mod elements could get deleted during workspace import