How to make a tool mining 3x3 (Outdated)

Started by Goldorion on

Topic category: User side tutorials

How to make a tool mining 3x3 (Outdated)
Fri, 12/02/2022 - 02:49 (edited)

Hello everyone!

If you want a tool to mine an area of 3x3, you are at the right place! (You need to have MCreator with Entity direction procedure blocks.)

This procedure will check the direction of the entity and mine blocks in an are of 3 blocks by 3 blocks. For each block mined, the procedure will remove 1 durability on the tool.

First of all, you need to create your tool. I suggest you to create a pickaxe based tool.

After you have finished to create your tool, you will have to download this ZIP file. (Thanks to NorthWestTrees to fix the procedure.)

If you don't want to have to import it each time you make a hammer, you can add it to your own proedure templates (Into the Preferences, but you will need to restart MCreator).

When you have the procedure template, create a new procedure for the event "When block destroyed with tool" and import the main procedure. Then, create 4 other procedures for each direction (NORTH, SOUTH, EAST and WEST). Finally, come back into the main procedure and set the 4 procedures in the main procedure (Select the procedure for the 4 call procedure blocks).

Save the procedure and your tool, and it's done!

Some Informations:

• Due to the way I made the procedure (and some limitations of MCreator), I didn't make the compatibility for when the player looks the sky or the ground. So, it will just break the blocks as for the NORTH, SOUTH, EASt and WEST.
  • I created the procedure with MCreator 2020.2, so you can have problems if you use older versions.
  • I created the procedure with Minecraft 1.14.4, but it should also works in 1.12.2 (but upgrade to 1.14.4 to be supported by Minecraft Forge and soon MCreator).

If you have a problem, write it into the comments, and I will try to help you.

Edited by Goldorion on Fri, 12/02/2022 - 02:49
I created a 3d model hammer…
Sat, 02/16/2019 - 21:49

I created a 3d model hammer and I give you if you want.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2mhqj98a9u5iuai/hammer.json/file (hammer json)

If you use my hammer, you have to create a 4x4 texture file and put color like this : #$

#$

# means color for handle and

$ means color for head of hammer

Last seen on 11:34, 3. May 2020
Joined Oct 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Your file is from which…
Mon, 02/18/2019 - 13:17
Your file is from which extension ?

because i do not want to open it do a video tutorial to help people who do not understand how to do it because your file i can not open it
Ok, like I said in the…
Mon, 02/18/2019 - 13:33

Ok, like I said in the tutorial, I created a procedure and I share you for that you can download the procedure and import it in MCreator. You have to have MCreator 1.8.1 at least, because we cannot import a procedure before MCreator 1.8.1, but I advise you to use MCreator 1.8.2. You cannot open the file in your computer. For open it, you have to create a procedure, click on "Import Procedure" and go take my procedure in .ptpl.

I hope that I help you.

Goldorion

P-S : I will go make a tutorial video and post it here, so you can do a tutorial video, but I'll go to make one and you can credit me for have "creat" the tutorial and discover how to make a hammer in MCreator 1.8.2  please ?

Last seen on 11:34, 3. May 2020
Joined Oct 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
ok I would do an ad for your…
Mon, 02/18/2019 - 13:45

ok I would do an ad for your video
and thanks again for explaining to me how to take on your .ptpl file

Last seen on 14:43, 2. Aug 2022
Joined Nov 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hello? By the way you are…
Mon, 02/18/2019 - 17:54

Hello? By the way you are NOT the first person to create a "hammer", or an item that does this.

I know that I am not the…
Mon, 02/18/2019 - 18:31

I know that I am not the first person, but I am the first person to create it since 1.7.9, so since the preicedures, but I know that is possible before 1.7.9. Someone say me in Unnoficial Discord server of MCreator.

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If you are using 1.8.2, you…
Tue, 02/19/2019 - 07:00

If you are using 1.8.2, you can make a better hammer :)

You can use the "get player direction" block to get the direction, then mine 3 blocks in front of the player. I'vs never actually used this block at the moment but I think it gives you a variable.

You should also check for the harvest level and check if the blocks that are being broken are not bedrock, command block, barrier [...] or maybe even obsidian (it would be a bit too OP to instantly destroy obsidian).

Anyways, nice tutorial :)

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sorry, I meant 9 blocks in…
Tue, 02/19/2019 - 07:01

Sorry, I meant 9 blocks in front of the player, not 3.

Last seen on 09:43, 4. Jan 2022
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Cool tuto
Tue, 02/19/2019 - 11:15

Cool tuto

I know that I can use get…
Tue, 02/19/2019 - 12:31

I know that I can use get durection player, but I didin't succeeded. I will try other things. And thabks you for advce !

P-S : I already tried to make sure that hammer don't break bedrock, command block, etc. Because, yes, it's a little bit OP. XD

Last seen on 09:43, 4. Jan 2022
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I did it! With direction!, I…
Sat, 03/16/2019 - 16:47

I did it! With direction!, I am the first who made a 3x3x1 or 1x3x3 hammer WOOHOO!!! Oh and it was a pleasure to help creating it!

Last seen on 18:47, 15. May 2019
Joined Dec 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
bah si tu la fait loic tu…
Sun, 04/21/2019 - 16:42

bah si tu la fait loic tu peut mettre un lien pour la procedure stp ? oui je te parle fr car vu ton pseudo...

if you don't understant it's normal because it's french but loic is french

Last seen on 14:35, 4. Nov 2021
Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How Could I create Hammer on…
Wed, 05/15/2019 - 21:23

How Could I create Hammer on Mcreator 1.7.3 [1.7.10] ?