User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hodge-Podge age and future Raol's mods
Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:26 (edited)

I've already mentioned this on the Modular Expansion topic, but now I want to make a separate topic for it.

After the upcoming RaolCraft Omega update (2.2, which will add new structures, minibosses, totems, gems, decorative blocks and more), there won't be another cycle of updates. Instead, a long series of Hodge-Podge III will begin.

Hodge-Podge III is the sequel of a mod by Eonaut. Right now it only includes 3 dimensions and one boss, while the original mod was a lot bigger. I decided to focus on Hodge-Podge for a bit so I will quickly add all the missing dimensions and bosses (and a lot of bonus content). Like in the times when there only was RaolCraft, except now there will only be Hodge-Podge.

I want to quickly add the missing content because it's kinda sad to see it in this state, and also because I want to integrate the lore from Hodge-Podge with the one from RaolCraft, but I can't really until it's complete.

This doesn't mean the other mods are discontinued though. At the end of the Hodge-Podge age, all my other mods will get a huge update (and, if MCreator 1.9.1 is released in the Hodge-Podge age, I will do a bonus update for RaolCraft just for the ore dictionary XD). This series of updates actually won't be too long, maybe it will just consist of something like 4 updates.

Actually, there also is another reason: I want to release new mods. And before start working on them, I want all the others to be complete.

And what are those new mods?

Well, the first one will be a sci-fi mod. Yes, after all those magic or mining mods, finally a futuristic mod XD. It won't be a "tech" mod though. There already is Pyromancy for automation. It will be a futuristic adventure mod (and yes, I got the idea for it from Trailblazer, but it will be different).

It will be a mod about space, antimatter, alternate universes, genetics, clones, time travel and much more. It will have many references from my other mods and its lore will be integrated with them.

It will actually mainly focus on space exploration and on another alternate universe made of antimatter, which is very similar to the regular minecraft universe except for some differences (the war between light and darkness never happened there for example).

There will be meteorites, armors that adapt to your playstyle, spaceships, alien invasions, jetpacks, helpful AIs and much more!

Here's an image of what could the villains look like (this is just a concept and these characters may or may not be in the mod):

Scifi bad guys

(by me)

the bad boys

(by Dansamy)

From left to right, they are:

• An alien sciencist
  • Your clone
  • A mysterious time traveler
  • An evil alien colonizer from an antimatter universe
  • The son of the antimatter alternative of a familiar face
  • A space pirate
  • An evil AI (it's the creeper hologram on the table)

Each of these villains would have his goals and interests, and some might even betray their leader or eventually team up with the player. It's not that solid of an alliance after all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I have many ideas for it, but I still have to decide its name (what about Event Horizon)?

I also want to release a littler mod (littler than Pyromancy). I won't tell you its theme, bit I will let you guess it. It will be called "The Ultimate Plan". If you are minecrafty enough, you'll know ;)

EDIT (01/01/2020): The Ultimate Plan isn't going to be released soon. For those of you who want to try an early alpha of it, here is the download: https://mcreator.net/forum/55916/ultimate-plan-official-topic-early-download

EDIT (04/28/2020): The Ultimate Plan is now officially released!! Link here: https://mcreator.net/modification/58658/ultimate-plan

EDIT (12/28/2020): Event Horizon got its own topic, all future announcements will be there: https://mcreator.net/forum/69316/event-horizon-official-topic

EDIT (12/31/2020): Event Horizon is now released, check it out: https://mcreator.net/modification/69495/event-horizon

Edited by RaolTheBest on Thu, 12/31/2020 - 13:26
Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Something is coming…
Fri, 08/28/2020 - 17:09

Something is coming... MWUAHAHAHAH! >:D

secret

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you :)
Fri, 08/28/2020 - 18:03

Thank you :)

Last seen on 23:11, 16. Jul 2023
Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Is that a kind of ritual? I…
Fri, 08/28/2020 - 23:58

Is that a kind of ritual?

I hope it is

I love rituals >:)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Well... Maybe, but probably…
Sat, 08/29/2020 - 06:08

Well... Maybe, but probably it is not really what you might be thinking :)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
And Modular Expansion is…
Wed, 09/02/2020 - 18:46

And Modular Expansion is finally updated to 1.15.2!

A little Pyromancy update will also be released soon (it was initially supposed to be a little patch but I later changed idea: it will improve structure generation, change many textures, improve the destroyer block and farmer block (which will now support tags and be able to plant flowers, bamboo and such), add a new aquatic planter block and more!)

After that I will continue updating Hodge-Podge to 1.14.4. Unfortunately, after the update, Blockbench does no longer want to load so I won't be able to add any complex blocks or mobs until I can fix it :/

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
you could re-download…
Thu, 09/03/2020 - 00:48

you could re-download blockbench and or go to the web version.

Blockbench does no longer want to load so I won't be able to add any complex blocks or mobs until I can fix it :/

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I've already redownloaded it…
Thu, 09/03/2020 - 18:20

I've already redownloaded it many times, I will try the web version, thank you :)

Last seen on 19:41, 25. Mar 2024
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How will the Event Horison…
Tue, 09/08/2020 - 17:40

How will the Event Horison Bosses work!

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
In which sense? You would…
Tue, 09/08/2020 - 17:50

In which sense? You would usually find them in the place they live (pirate captain in his ship, the alien scientiss in a planet, etc.) and then fight them.

If I will be able to there will also be some short text cutscenes (your personal AI speaking with the NPCs). Also, some bosses might escape from their planet with their last forces once they are beaten or in some cases even turn to your side.

It wouldn't be ideal for a boss contest, but if you want I might create a mod which only adds the bosses in a basic way so they can be used for the contest :)

Last seen on 19:41, 25. Mar 2024
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ok, I have had an idea for…
Wed, 09/09/2020 - 19:17

Ok, I have had an idea for the final boss. The ender-guy avenging the death of the coloniser. He could be in a massive mech with cannons and guns. Also what will bosses drop?

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Nah, the purple four-eyed…
Thu, 09/10/2020 - 13:41

Nah, the purple four-eyed four-armed guy (who will probably be named Venturus btw) is enough for a final boss...

Do you mean the dark/cyborg/prince guy? He definitely won't avenge his master :P

And I still have to think about the actual drops, but it will be different from RaolCraft Omega.
They won't drop crafting materials used to get to other planets, they would usually drop the weapons they used and some maps that can be inserted in your spaceship to explore other planets. And not all of them will actually have drops (I don't want to give too many spoilers though :P)