• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Upon Infernal Depths: Basic Guide
Wed, 09/30/2020 - 11:55 (edited)

Hello, MCreator community! Hope y'all are having a good day/afternoon/evening/night. I'm Sajevius (better known as Dwight irl), and welcome to the official guide for my 1st mod, Upon Infernal Depths!

DOWNLOAD

Current Version: alpha 1.0.0

https://mcreator.net/modification/66767/upon-infernal-depths

GETTING STARTED

First things first, your adventure will start in the Nether, so once you're decently equipped and ready, head to the Nether. There you'll eventually come across some vulcanstone veins that look like this:

vulcanstones

Mine a sufficient amount of them (at least 10 for a minimal portal frame), as we will be using them to make a portal frame leading to the Deep Inferno dimension in case we can't find a broken portal in the Nether. (trust me, they're very rare, but have a chance to contain a chest with loot)

After that's done, let's look for some vulkatite ores. Mine them with at least an iron pickaxe to get a vulkatite gem. They're rare, but you'll only need one at this point, as it is required to craft vulkatite and steel, the Deep Inferno Portal's igniter. Oh, and make sure to bring along a couple of light source blocks or night vision potions as well, as most of the biomes in the Deep Inferno are dimly lit and it's hard to make out the details of anything. See you there, and hope you spawn in a good place!

Vulkatite Ores
Two vulkatite ores.

EXPLORATION & DISCOVERY

For starters, there are currently 4 functional biomes:
- Deep Inferno Wastelands
deepInfernoWastelands
- Burning Fields
Burning Fields
- Flesh Grotto
Flesh Grotto- Cinder Barrens
Cinder Barrens

Each of them has unique blocks and features, but none of them are really survivable for now. So just discovering the entities and resources they have is the best way to go, currently.

Here are some of the unique mobs exclusive to the Deep Inferno dimension:

Pyroculus
Pyroculus

Max Health: 12
Classification: Undead
Atk Damage: 4
Drops: Pyroculus Lens (10% chance); 7 XP

Special: Also summoned by the Ardent Oculus

Burnstorm
Burnstorm

Max Health: 24
Classification: N/A
Atk Damage: 5
Drops: Burnsoul (10% chance), 30 XP
Special: Has a high follow range of 50 blocks, can float when falling from a high place and can set players on fire upon contact.

The Ardent Oculus
The Ardent Oculus (BOSS)

Max Health: 260
Classification: Undead
Atk Damage: 8
Drops: Ardent Energy (18-24; 100% chance); Ardent Bolt (50% chance); 4000 XP (that's like 4 times the initial Ender Dragon XP value! will be nerfed in the next update)
Special: Shoots burning and high-damaging ardent bolts towards targets (very inaccurately when far away), and knocks the player back upon contact, dealing a substantial amount of damage.

How to summon: Craft an Ardent Lens using the following pattern:

*   ~   *
  ~   O   ~
  *   ~   *

Key:
* = burnsoul
~ = sanguicite crystal dust (obtained by mining a sanguicite ore generating in Flesh Grotto, then crafting the dropped crystal into 2 crystal dusts)
O = pyroculus lens

Make sure to use the Ardent Lens ONLY in the Deep Inferno dimension, while looking at a spacious area as well, or else you'll just waste it and not spawn anything.

NOTE: Ardent Lenses have a cooldown of 3 minutes.

PROGRESSION

There really isn't a progression system in the mod still. Just do whatever you want for now. But the good news is that the upcoming beta version will add new ways of surviving this twisted dimension, such as adding new trees, animals w/ edible meat (just cook most of them, trust me), and more challenges alongside as well. Again, what you're gonna do is entirely up to you, for now!

That's pretty much it for now! Hope you like it!

Wanna share your thoughts? Alternatively, you can drop them at the mod's official forum topic: https://mcreator.net/forum/66818/upon-infernal-depths-mod-discussion

P.S. Don't worry, a more detailed PDF guidebook to this mod will be available sooner or later, that is, if I have adequate time to finish it before our online classes start. It's nearly finished. Also, don't mine the vulkatite and deep inferno ores near pigmen; they'll get mad at you, trust me...

Edited by Sajevius on Wed, 09/30/2020 - 11:55
Last seen on 11:41, 17. Oct 2020
Joined Jun 2016
User points:

User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Good guide :D