The Veggie Way (with 900+ downloads on Curseforge.com)
I love playing Minecraft, but killing cows, sheep, pigs, and chickens for food always leaves me feeling a little guilty. Why doesn't Minecraft give you a way to craft high nutrition foods without resorting to eating cooked animal flesh?
The Veggie Way solves that problem!
Note: This is a vegetarian, not vegan, approach!
By using the bounty of nature (apples, carrots, beets, etc.) and farm-fresh eggs and milk for some protein, you can now create high nutrition foods. Also, you can get some special effects without having to brew up potions (another thing I'm not really fond of in Minecraft).
Here is how it works:
- Collect some Drying Agent from dropped grass, its silicate from millions of years of volcanic dust in the soil
- Raise some chickens to get eggs - used to craft protein powder
- Farm some carrots - used to craft vitamin powder
- Farm some apples or beets - used to craft fructose powder
- Farm some potatoes - used to craft carb powder
- Keep a cow around because you will need some milk
With these basic ingredients, you can start making drinks and bars
- Energy Drink - restores (4) hunger and gives you speed
- Power Shake - restores (6) hunger and gives some saturation
- Muscle Milk - restores (8) hunger and gives you strength and saturation
- Power Bar - restores (9) hunger and gives strength, saturation, and health boost
- Mega Power Bar - restores (10) hunger and gives strength, haste, saturation, and health boost
All of the crafting is done on a vanilla crafting table, so no special machines are required.
The Goddess Gaia has blessed the world with her natural magic in the form of Gaia Ore
Gaia Ore drops pieces of Gaia Dust when mined. When mixed with iron and gold, and smelted in a furnace, it forms Titan Ingots. Titan Ingots are infused with the power of Gaia and will bestow abilities.
- Titan Armor - made with Titan Ingots, similar to Diamond Armor in performance
- Titan Sword - a very good sword in its own right, but when you hold it to the sky and right-click, it will bestow the strength of the Titan for a short time
- Titan Pickaxe - a high durability pickaxe, but when you hold it to the sky and right-click, it bestows the haste of the Titans
- Titan Heart - blesses the player with the gift of regeneration and good health while in inventory
- Titan Magma - provides endless lava with a redstone signal
- Titan Spring - provides endless water with a redstone signal
- Gaia Ward - Both of the Titan items can be enhanced further by making a Gaia Ward. Crafted with Gaia Dust and coal from the Earth, the Gaia Ward gives further blessings to your Titan items.
- Titan Sword gains deadly sharpness and the ability to repair itself over time
- Titan Pickaxe gains the blessing of fortune and also repairs itself over time
- Gaia Soil - an advanced way to get more Drying Agent without beating the grass. Right click the soil with a Gaia Ward, in the rain.
Gaia Dust can be used to transform some items into something special, all effect are gained by right-clicking the item:
- Gaia Crystal - breath like a fish or swim in the lava
- Gaia Rod - gives the player a thicker skin in battle
- Gaia Pearl - see in the darkness
- Gaia Coal - 4x better than regular coal and more torches
- Fury Ward - allows you to combine a Titan Sword, a Titan Heart, a Gaia Crystal, a Gaia Rod, and a Gaia Pearl into a single item to safe space in inventory.
Mod Spotlight By JDWhiskerz