The first update of MCreator in the year 2018 is here. MCreator 1.7.7 is made to work with Minecraft 1.12.2 and adds some great new improvements and fixes a lot of bugs.
Fluid and plant events
We added a new page to both wizards on which you can add custom events. Now you can make fluids and plants that will react to the environment and can have scheduled tasks.
Update 1.7.7 introduces many new bug fixes. The more notable bug fix is the naming bug fix. MCreator sometimes named elements tile.element.name instead of their actual names. This had to do with a new format of machine element names Minecraft supports. We have fixed this bug. If you have workspace from MCreator 1.7.6 with broken names, just import it into 1.7.7 and MCreator will fix them automatically.
We have also fixed a bug with MCreator UI glitching in some cases. This was caused by unhandled errors in the UI system when a wrong image format was loaded. MCreator's UI won't glitch anymore in such cases.
There were also many other minor bugfixes which are listed in the changelog on the bottom of this article.
High DPI support
Until now, MCreator did not support High DPI screens. From now on, it does. We have changed the version and type of bundled Java to support this. Now you can use MCreator on 2.7K and 4K monitors without problems. If you still have problems, check installation guide in order to fix this problem, it only has to do with the Windows settings.
A full changelog of 1.7.7 release:
- Updated Minecraft Forge MDK to recommended version 2555 for Minecraft 1.12.2
- Updated bundled Java to OpenJDK 8u152b
- Added support for pack_format 3 for pack.mcmeta
- Improved MCreator Launch procedure with additional compatibility checks
- Added internal debugger for easier support which can be enabled with --debug launch option
- MCreator can now interpret some new gradle console errors
- Improved user authentication system backend
- Added events to custom fluids
- Added events to custom plants
- [Bugfix] If use custom colors were not selected on biome creation, custom biome caused compile errors
- [Bugfix] Texture selection dialog not refreshing on first texture import
- [Bugfix] If all elements of existing recipe definition were removed, Minecraft crashed on launch
- [Bugfix] MCreator not working on HighDPI Windows devices
- [Bugfix] Element names not working in some cases (tile.element.name instead of real name)
- [Bugfix] MCreator UI glitched in some cases because of image format problems
- [Bugfix] Biome spawn list could contain null elements
- [Bugfix] Pumpkin seeds were duplicated on element list
- [Bugfix] Dark oak and acacia slabs were missing on the element list
- [Bugfix] Many other minor fixes and enhancements
Some anti-virus software detects this release of MCreator as a false positive. We have scanned release (as we do with each update, we use a very good and trustworthy scanner from Kaspersky Lab) and it is safe to install. If you can't install MCreator 1.7.7 or installation does not work or you have other strange issues with this release, it might have to do with AV if you have it installed on your computer. The reason for this is most likely a change to the bundled Java and anti-virus software has not adapted to this change yet. Most problems are reported from Avast users.
UPDATE (25. 1. 2018): We have contacted Avast and they have responded and confirmed that they have removed the false positive and the change should take effect in the next 24 hours.
The roadmap for MCreator 2 has already started developing. You can participate in the discussion and add suggestions and ideas for any major changes that should happen with this update. This is only the concept right now so we don't have any release dates for and as it will not happen that soon yet.
Make sure to check our year 2017 retrospection if you didn't already. You can find great inspiration for your future mods in the retrospection of the best mods made with MCreator in the past year.
Tell us what you think about the 1.7.7 update after you downloaded and installed it in the comments and share this article with friends so they can learn about this new update too.