MCreator 2019.5 snapshot b49119 is here. It is a pre-release at the same time. We have made some changes to the website too. Read on!
This is the last snapshot version before we release MCreator 2019.5. It adds quite some new interesting features and fixed many bugs related to 1.14.4 support. With this update, 1.14.4 support is considered complete. Fluid buckets and item OBJ models will not be supported at this time as there is no good support for this in the Minecraft Forge for 1.14.4 yet. You can read more about this on our issue tracker 1.14.4 ticket.
Now 1.14.4 is the default selected generator when making a new workspace and marked as Stable. 1.12.2 is marked as Long term support, as this is the version Minecraft Forge developers decided to select as the current LTS version.
EAP 2019.5 b49119 changelog
- Updated Minecraft Forge for 1.14.4 to version 28.1.104
- Font size in code editor can now be changed by Ctrl + scrolling
- [#55136] Key binding trigger now triggers on both server and client-side
- [#55245] Added option to change default code editor font size
- [#54927] Added "Entity spawns" global procedure trigger
- [#54420] Added does water vaporize option for custom dimensions
- [#52243] Added "Get moon phase" procedure block
- [#50867] Added "Set players spawn point" procedure block
- [#55207, 1.14.4] Added "Blocks" tag type
- [#54935, 1.14.4] Added option to select biome category and optional parent biome
- [Bugfix] Special tool type did not apply attack damage parameter
- [Bugfix] Workspace modid change caused build errors
- [Bugfix, 1.14.4] Import structure from Minecraft always showed an empty list
- [Bugfix, 1.14.4] Custom biomes did not spawn caves, structures, dungeons and ores
- [Bugfix, 1.14.4] Custom blocks with "replaceable" option turned on caused build errors
- [Bugfix #55099, 1.14.4] "On ranged item used" procedure trigger did not trigger the procedure
- [Bugfix #55190, 1.14.4] Disabling weather in custom dimensions caused build errors
- [Bugfix #55222, 1.12.2] Long mod ids crashed client when trying to connect to the server
You can find the download of the snapshot on the downloads page in the snapshots section.
Minor website update
You might have noticed we have done some changes to the website in the past weeks too. The following changes have been made:
- People who donate now get "Donor" user profile badge that is shown on all the content they post
- We have added support for issue tracker version subcategories (for example: 2019.5 -> 1.14.4)
- Improved form error reporting to display the errors inline instead of the top of the page
- Improved modification download system to have separate pages for each file download
- Added upvotes to forum topics and forum replies to make it easier to recognize good and quality questions and answers
Donations to developers
We have received 12 donations so far. Big thanks to each and every donor so far! :) If you have not donated yet, consider doing so in the future. MCreator is run by two developers that work on this project in their free time. The time invested in this project is not paid and donations are the only way to get something back (alongside ADs).
The more donations we get, the more we can work on the project (in terms of hours invested) as we can dedicate more time to this project without being at loss. We love working on the MCreator project, but we need to pay bills somehow too, and if MCreator will not cover this, some other project that will take a part of our time from MCreator will have to. This was our main reason for considering PRO in the first place, but now that PRO will not be a thing, we have to count on you, the donors :)
Make sure to tell us what you think about the update in the comments, report bugs of the snapshot and stay tuned. If you like what we do, consider donating to help us keep this project up.