SULFUR 1.1 Is finally out!! Your world will look different now...
Welcome to Mineral Galore! This mod adds a bunch of various stuff, made to make your mining trips more enjoyable.
I got this idea while playing vanilla Minecraft, when I saw some diamonds, that looked blue-green with the environment (lava). And I thought that was aquamarine, and I got the idea to create a small mod to add Aquamarine. Then I got another idea, Topaz... then Sulfur, then Smoky Quartz, then... well, this mod is the result of a whole two months of work starting from a stupid diamond surrounded with lava. 30 ORES! 35 NEW METALS AND GEMS! A LOT OF NEW TOOLS! 2 MOBS! 23 SPECIAL WEAPONS EXCLUDING SWORDS! 4 UTILITY BLOCKS!
UTILITY BLOCKS :
- Refinery (was called Ore Dissocier in the past) : allows you to refine some gems to get various stuff, according to their real-life composition. Example : put a diamond inside and get coal. Since the GUI system of MCreator doesn't work, this is just a click-and-collect block : click with input in hand, get output directly in inventory.
- Water Purifier : not a really useful one. Bring some Contaminated Water (a fluid that spawns underground and that kills everything on contact) and an Aragonite Crystal (known for its curative properties), and get normal water. Useful when you're out of water, but this shouldn't happen since water is infinite.
- Distillator (Was called Gas Distiller in the past) : not much uses, but the only ones are really cool. Get Titanium from Rutile (allows to create super-resistant tools) or craft Asrine Gas from Arsenic (USED TO CRAFT AN ARSENIC BLASTER!!!)
- Gem Synthetizer : globally allows to reverse the Refinery process : input what you got as output with a Refinery and you'll obtain what you used as the Refinery input. Warning, only works with some materials, and has high chance to fail (this is intended to prevent you from farming Sapphires with just a bunch of Sand and some Aluminium.)
- Superswords : this category of powerful swords is really costly (you'll need almost 40 gems to craft one), but when you have it, you're unstoppable. Craft one by using a random hilt and a random blade (every possible combination work, lol), and get an OP weapon with multiple powers! Example : Amethel can regenerate you on hit, of Sapphirmarine deals 25 damage per hit!! (To compensate this ridiculously exaggerated damage value, the supersword has only 16 uses, and gives you a lot of debuffs. lmao)
- Celestial Staves : comes in two variants, Lunar and Galaxy. For each one, you'll have to go in the End, collect some Moonstones, and use them to craft a mythical staff that makes meteors rain on your enemies! The Lunar Staff makes only fall 1 meteor per hit, but has a decent durability. The Galaxy Staff is harder to get since you need a crapton of various rare gems, but it can make between 4 and 16 meteors fall at once! But it's less durable.
- Arsenic Blaster : craft it with a lot of steel and Arsine gas (obtained from Arsenic, itself obtained by refining the rare Realgar). It has no reload time, is as durable as a bow, and when its bullet hits a target, the enemy is poisoned. But when the bullet hit the ground, the pression of the gas in the bullet makes it EXPLODE!!!
- Rock Crawler : spawns only under Y=64, even if using a spawn egg. Globally acts as a passive mob, until you hit it. It's tanky, doesn't fear fall damage and hits like a truck. Supersword advised if you plan to kill one. Drops include : Cobblestone (8-16), Sulfur (50% chance), Spinel (33% chance, randomly chooses between Blue and Black), and Topaz (4% chance).
- Miner : spawns in dark places. Holds a steel pickaxe and wears a Miner Helmet. It's just like you (even in the texture, it's a vanilla Steve yet), but has 30 health instead of your regular 20, and hits hard too. Currently doesn't drop anything.
ORES (with implement version) :
- Aquamarine (1.0) : this cool blue-green gem can be found below Y=48, slightly rarer than Iron. Used to craft tools similar to Iron, but with double durability! Since 3.2, spawn only under rivers, oceans, beaches, swamplands and all of their variants.
- Topaz (1.0) : this orange gem can be found below Y=30, and is approximately as rare as Diamonds. It can be used to craft tools slightly better than Diamonds, but more fragile.
- Sulfur (1.1) : can be found at any altitude, under the form of yellow veins. Mining it will inflict you a short Nausea, because the real-life Sulfur smells terrible! It's rarer than coal and allows to smelt 12 items per Sulfur unit. Its block form can smelt a total of 120 items!!!
- Smoky Quartz (1.1) : this rare mineral can be found sometimes at any altitude in the Nether, in small veins. Use it to craft a dark-tinted deco block, or a powerful armor that grants several potion buffs (along with a sticky Blindness effect).
- Sapphire (1.2) : this somewhat rare mineral can be found at the same depth and rarity as Diamonds. The gems can be used to craft tools that are more durable than Diamonds! 2.0.1 brought a new Supersword Part that you can build with Sapphire.
- Agate (1.2) : this very pretty crystal can be found between Y=32 and Y=64. Its only purpose is decoration, and can be crafted into a translucent colored block that can be used as luxury glass. Before 1.3, there was only Pink agate, but since, there is four colors : Pink, Blue, Brown and Green! Also 4.0 added Red Agates.
- Pyrite (1.2) : every geology amateur knows pyrite is iron and sulfur. Then this ore, that you can find below Y=64, will drop a Pyrite Crystal that you can refine at the ore Dissocier to obtainr andomly Iron and Sulfur! Or since 2.3, you can craft a pickaxe from it ; this tool can destroy stone faster than gold, but can't mine anything else.
- Zircon (1.3) : oooh, a Diamond!!! That's strange, we're only at Y=32... uhh nope, it was just a Zircon. Use it to craft tools that have the same efficiency as Stone tools, but ten times more durable!
- Cuprite (2.0) : you'll have to venture into the extreme depths to discover this one. Hidden below Y=16, slightly resembling the Redstone, you can refine it in a Furnace to obtain Copper Ingots... then make Copper Nuggets the same way you'd create Gold Nuggets, and mix them with Zinc to obtain Brass!
- Steel (2.0) : just smelted your Iron? Then put it again in your Furnace! The carbon emitted by the fuel combustion will be absorbed by the melting metal, that will turn into Steel. This new alloy can be used to craft tools that have the same efficiency as Iron, but 50% more durable! A good alternative to Aquamarine, while you're searching for the cyan gems. Since 3.1, Steel Tools quickly corrode when exposed to rain.
- Phosphorus (2.0) : highly flammable!!! Discover Phosphorite Ore in the depths, refine the Phosphorite in the Ore Dissocier and obtain raw pure Phosphorus, that can be used as fuel, as replacement for coal and gunpowder in the Fire Charge recipe, or to craft Matches, along with Sulfur! Then place eight matches around a Paper to obtain a Matchbox, that has the same usage as the Flint and Steel but four times more durable!!
- Aragonite (2.0) : this sublime orange crystal can be used to craft swords, and a Supersword Blade!!! Since 3.0, you can use it to purify Contaminated Water at a Water Purifier!
- Spinel (2.0.1) : can only be found in Extreme Hills biomes, coming in two variants : Blue and Black. Each one can be used to craft a Blade Part, and the two Blade Parts can be then combined to create a brand new Supersword Blade! Also allows to create an armor set since 2.1.
- Amethyst (2.1) : this purple ore can be found in the Nether, at any altitude and is a little less common than regular Quartz. It can be used to craft a new decorative transparent block that you can use as glass.
- Realgar (3.0) : mine this ore approximately everywhere underground, refine the Realgar Crystals at the Ore Dissocier and obtain Arsenic! From now on, be careful : Arsenic randomly poisons you when you have it in inventory. Now take some Glass Bottles, use your Gas Distiller to obtain pure Arsine Gas, and surround an Iron Block with eight Arsine Bottles to obtain an Arsine Canister, that you can attach below your Arsine Cannon!!
- Zinc (3.1) : mine Sphalerite below Y=32 and refine it at the Ore Dissocier to obtain Zinc Ingots. Turn the ingots into nuggets and use them to coat your new Steel Pickaxe, effectively protecting them from rain corrosion! Or coat a single Zinc Nugget with Copper Nuggets to craft a Brass Ingot. NYI : Coated Steel tools will receive a durability buff.
- Brass (3.1) : this alloy can be obtained by crafting Zinc and Copper Nuggets together. Use it to craft Electrical Wires, Arsine Cannon Shells (along with some Arsenic and Gunpowder) or a new set of patterned decorative blocks!
- Zirconium (3.1) : extract this bright metal from Zircons at the Ore Dissocier. It allows to craft a dangerous sword (that will need rebalancing, because that single sword is stronger than a Supersword yet)! NYI : will also allow to create tools that will be two times more durable as raw Zircon Tools, and with the efficiency of Iron!
- Titanium (3.2) : mine Rutile under Y=32, and be ready for anything. Filter a Water Bottle at the Distillator to obtain some Salt, place it in the Refinery to separate the chlorine, and use the Chlorine pellets along with Rutile at the Distillator to create a vial of Titanium Tetrachloride. Then refine again this liquid to finally obtain some Titanium... oh, and this is the REAL industrial process of Titanium extraction. Can be used to craft tools that have efficiency of Iron, but with 130% of the diamond's durability!
- Flint (3.3) : the good ol' Flint you spent hours digging Gravel to find some. Can be found in the surface dirt under the form of black deposits, but quite rarely, and can only be mined with Iron or higher.
- Opal (3.3) : this magic gem can be rarely found in the Nether. Craft a Pickaxe, a Supersword Part of a Bayleaf Amulet, a mystic object said to greatly empower anyone who holds it in hand...
- Bauxite (3.3) : found anywhere below Y=32, this ore can be refined into a bunch of stuff, but the most important thing it gives is Aluminium. Use it to craft a super-resistant Sword, or some cans to compactly store your food.
- Moonstone (4.0) : you can find this rare gem in the End... only a Topaz pickaxe can mine it. Collect some Moonstones to craft a Lunar Stone, that you can place at the top of two Amethysts Crystals to create a Lunar Staff!
- Ruby (4.0) : slightly more frequent than Diamonds, has the same harvest level, same durability but is a little slower. Can be crafted into a pickaxe, a sword and another secret...
- Malachite (4.0) : can sometimes be found hideen in an Azurite deposit, as the result of the slow oxidation process. S1.0 brought some tools to craft with it.
- Azurite (S1.0) : can be found at the same depths as Cuprite, at same rarity. Can be used to craft a Supersword Blade and a powerful Sword, but even if it looks pretty, don't use its block form to decorate your home! Like in real-life, a large chunk of Azurite exposed to the air slowly oxides into Malachite.
- Onyx (S1.0) : can be found below Y=32, as he "darker" counterpart to Agate (since it's globally the same stone but in black and white instead of colored). You can use it to craft a powerful pickaxe that breaks stone like nothing else, but without dropping anything. And it can't break oher stuff, much like the Pyrite Pickaxe.
- Heliotrope (S1.0) : can be VERY RARELY found in the End, as the Moonstone's opposite. Can be only mined with a Topaz Pickaxe, and can be crafted in an Heliotrope Amulet that can be equipped int eh chestplate slot to grant Invisibility to its bearer!
- Corundum (S1.1) : I'm so sadistic, that I made this ore only spawn in Extreme Hills, among the Spinels and Emeralds, only below Y=48, and at low frequencies. Can be mined with an Iron pickaxe, and when you mine it, you can randomly gain up to three Corundum Gems, randomly chosen between the Yellow and Pink variant! Each one allows to craft a half of the Armor set, and you'll have to combine the two variants to craft the tools.
PLANNED FEATURES :
- Plutonium : when right-clicked, this ore releases a powerful explosion that damages blocks and triggers nearby Plutonium ores, in a chain reaction. Don't stand close!
- A new Supersword Part (probably a Hilt) made from Corundums.
- Silver : a future Supersword Part?
- Maybe a Dimension... stay informed.
- 1.0 - The First Steps : Added aquamarine and topaz gems, ores, blocks and tools.
- 1.1 - Smells Awful : Added sulfur and smoky quartz.
- 1.2 - Underground Lottery : Added sapphire, agate and pyrite. Changed sulfur ore texture, and added a crafting recipe for the Smoky Quartz Armor.
- 1.3 - A Color World Beneath Your Feet : Added the first Supersword, three new Agate colors and Zircon, whose ore looks like diamonds. Fixed Pink Agate dropping ore blocks instead of Agate Chunks, corrected Agate and Smoky Quartz transparency, and changed some ore spawn frequencies (notably Aquamarine being more frequent than Iron).
- 2.0 - Dissociation : Added a second Supersword, the Ore Dissocier, and the ores Cuprite, Aragonite and Phosphorite. Added Steel, Copper Wires, Matchbox, and Refinery Waste. Corrected the Green Agate item texture, and made some rebalancings in the ore spawn frequencies (notably Sulfur being more frequent than Coal). And um, changed the internal ID of the mod so you'll not be able to transfer any older world to 2.0.
- 2.0.1 - Symbiosis : Added Spinel, coming in Blue and Black variants, and a new Supersword.
- 2.1 - Toxic Ground : Added Amethyst and Contaminated Water. Added Spinel Armor and a new Supersword. Fixed Match and Matchbox bugs.
- 2.2 - Power Blades : Added eight new Superswords and two new Superswords Parts. Added a reserved creative tab for Superswords, and changed the spawn settings for Spinel, now making it spawn only in Extreme Hills biomes. But warning, as the algorithm is a little bugged and will also destroy every Spinel Ore manually placed outside from Extreme Hills.
- 2.3 - Dissociation Recrafted : Corrected the entire Ore Dissocier system, it now works perfectly. Added Pyrite Block, Pyrite Gem, and Pyrite Pickaxe. Modified Aragonite Ore texture.
- 3.0 - Noxious Aura : Added Realgar Ore, Water Purifier, Gas Distiller and Arsine Cannon. Corrected some spawn frequencies and rebalanced some Superswords.
- 3.1 - Oxidation : Steel tools will now corrode while exposed to the rain. Added Zinc ore, Brass alloy, Zirconium and Zirconium Sword.
- 3.2 - TItanium : Added Flint Deposits, Rutile Ore, Titanium, and all the stuff used to refine Titanium. Added Titanium Tools. Introduced an early-created advancement system, and made various rebalancings. Changed spawn conditions for Aquamarine, now spawning only in some biomes.
- 3.3 - Superstitions : Added Flint Ore, Opal and Bauxite. Added Bayleaf Amulet and Aluminium cans, along with two new food items : Fruit Salad and MRE. Fixed Aquamarine textures, upgraded advancement system.
- 4.0 - Hour of Need : Added Moonstone, Red Agate, Ruby and Malachite. Added Lunar Staff and Galaxy Staff. Added a new Brass decoration block and two new advancements. Changed Sulfur textures, changed Arsine Cannon name to Arsenic Blaster, Block of Brass to Storage Brass Block, and made some ore spawning rebalancings.
- Sulfur 1.0 - The Great Expansion : Added Azurite, Onyx and Heliotrope. Added Rock Crawler and Miner mobs. Added Heliotrope Amulet, Miner's Helmet, an Azurite Supersword Piece and thus the corresponding Superswords. Changed Topaz gem, ore and block textures. Added a crafting recipe for the Solar Gem. Added the Miner Shelter structure.
- Sulfur 1.1 - The World Looks Different : Added Corundum Ore, two Corundum variants and their respective blocks. Added Silicon, Electronic Wafers Tier 1 and Tier 2. Added Ore Identifier and utility block Gem Synthetizer. Changed a lot of textures, and made some rebalancings in the Refinery.