*** If you get stuck or have a question on the mod or if you see a bug just comment below as I do check frequently. As for recipes using a JEI or something similar will help a great deal. Creating a WIKI when the program is changing would be counter productive and when I have time I'll tackle that in the future***
I would like to point out here before we go any further that this mod may add the usual items, however the whole Idea of the mod is that it's an adventure. You'll be traveling the land looking for yellow, Red and Blue Ether plants and soldiers to collect ether to craft weapons, tools and armor. (NEW) Wacking grass has a chance to drop Yellow, Red and Blue ether nuggets that can be combined in the crafting table to get the regular ether. This will help you gather enough ether to craft your first pick-axe to be able to mine the ores in the Over-world.
The mod is set up in a way that in order to reach the green Dimension you will be required to get through the yellow, red then blue dimension .In the yellow dimension you will have soldiers that will drop red tags and red ether. That will give you the materials to open a red dimension portal. When there you'll find soldiers that drop blue ether and again you'll have the opportunity to build a blue ether portal.
To make things a bit easier at the beginning, breaking regular grass has a chance of dropping y/r/b nuggets or you can break some of the ether plants and battle the scourge to gain better ether rewards to build your first red or blue ether pick to have access to mining the ether you find around the world.
Just think of all the new worlds you can build in and battles you'll engage in. You can save up the ether to craft special armor that will give you additional skills like Fire resistance or if you wanted to clear out a newly discovered Ocean monument the blue armor grants you water breathing. The options are endless.
Just don't expect to have it easy. The low ranked mobs such as the Re-con scouts are fairly easy to kill and they are in every dimension, but as you go to the other 4 dimension the game starts to get more challenging and I'm sure thats what people are looking for. New Ideas are always welcome just comment below.
The portals are made with an Iron block and 8 dog tags that drop from the scourge and soldiers.
Yellow, Red and Blue Ether plants generate in the Over-world. Be careful though, as some of them have the scourge inside as once they are out they attack. Scouts also patrol around the plants at night as well. Being caught in the rain can be dangerous, as the rain has a boosting affect on the ether plants and if you're caught outside the could swarm you. The worse part of the scourge is how they cut down on the durability of your armor very quickly, you'll notice that after a few quick battles and need to craft another armor component.
I decided to have the ores placed in the Over-world however mining them will require you to craft the pick of that harvest level. Crafting recipes are straight forward and easy. Again by breaking the regular grass will drop Y/R/B nuggets that can be combined to start you off with the materials required to build your first pick-Axe. If you can handle some battles breaking the ether plants yield more ether but more dangerous.
Ballast ore being the newest ore found in the Over-world requires a diamond pick-axe or Red ether Pick-axe to mine and will be required to craft enchanted books.
Ten different ranked soldiers and 4 scourge levels and four types of spiders (3 available atm) that you'll come across in the game is as follows
- General .................... Green Dimension Only
- Colonel .................... Green Only
- Major .................... Green Only
- Captain .................... Blue Only
- First Lieutenant ........ Blue Only
- Second Lieutenant.... Red Only
- Officer ....................... Red Only
- Patrol Guard .............. Yellow Only
- Re-con Scout #1 .............. Everywhere
- Re-con Scout #2 .......... Everywhere
- Scourge (silverfish) ....... Spawns after killing Re-con Scout, Spiders and destroying Ether plants. They also roam the Yellow, Red, Blue and Green Dimensions.
- Added a guard you can summon to patrol with all the excess yellow dog tags (maybe stronger guards with other color tags) - They will attack you if you attack the guard, they are also seen by other pets as enemies so...
The scourge also drops gray dog tags with yellow ether, that can be crafted along with 8 yellow ether's to form a Yellow dog tag Identical to the soldiers tags.
- There is a 10% to 25% chance that the soldiers (depends on their rank) will drop dog tags which are used to craft the blocks required to construct the portals.
- (Changed) Added harvest level restriction and added the ether ore the ability to generate in the Over-world. However you'll need the proper harvest level to mine it.
- The yellow ether has some unique early in game properties where if you hold it in hand and right click the air, it adds a speed boost for 3 seconds. Great for getting away from danger or covering great distances.
- When enough ether is collected to fashion a sword, you can right click in air and it grants you 3 seconds of strength skill ( depending on the Ether levels according to color) with a lightsabre sound effect as well. I thought it was cool.
- The soldiers also have there own sound effects. They growl when roaming around. When they take damage, their shield clang.
- There are 4 pickaxes all crafted the same way you craft a normal pick.
- The Green dimension Soldiers drop green ether ingots and 5 to 10% chance of dropping Nether stars and Elytra's (Considering this on a later day and may change) (Comment below if you have any suggestions as what would be a good reward)
- The Red, Blue and Green armor sets have some unique built in advantages (Again suggestions are welcome)
- (Yellow- has speed)
- (Red - Fire Resistance)
- ( Blue - Water Breathing)
- ( Green - I will add a form of Health regeneration limited as a reward for killing a soldier, any other suggestions are welcome.) (WIP)
- Summon Patrol guards with purple dog tags crafted with 1 yellow dog tag and 8 yellow ether (NEW) - (DONE)
Guards are not very loyal and tend to wander off and disappear. So I basically use them to get out of tough spots. Just try not to hit them as they do carry a great deal of HP and they do some heavy damage. I guess I should change their names to Mercenaries.
The Spiders are my favorite, They are fast and skiddish they attack quick and run if hit, but always leave nasty scourge in their wake to fight they're battles. Also unlike the scourge they do have a great deal of HP so most of the times chasing them is fruitless and waiting for them to regain some courage to attack again will get them closer to you so you can kill it.
I am presently playing this mod myself and tweaking it as I go, adding things I think are needed to help or make it more fun to play. Trying to make it in a way where anyone who plays the mod finds it challenging. I think that makes it more compelling to play.
NOTE: Open portals 3 chunk distance from each other and make sure portals are in your starting world. I find if you don't the co-ordinates get screwed up, like spawning inside blocks.
If You would like to contribute to the mod with a structure that I can place in one or four of the dimensions I'll need them in Schematic form 1600 blocks per volume (10 x 10 x 16 as an example) is the limit that Mcreator will accept. I will give credit and link to your mods.
Thank you for your interest
Leave me a comment below as a suggestion or a like.
============================= Temp stopped =========================================
April 1 - Rebalanced the the armors to reflect normal values.
April 1 - Tweaking Dimensions to reflect the theme
Yellow - Desert, Beaches and so on Mostly Dry hot
Red- Nether World Gen type world - No other Biome (Will add other usual Mobs found in Nether)
Bue- Mostly Water based Biomes like Oceans, rivers Beaches etc
Green- Added Jungle, Forests and other Green lush Biomes
April 1 - Added New blocks changed Ingot texture to look like reg MC version
April 7 - added a second Recon scout.
- added the scourge (silverfish)
- Raised the chances of dog tag drops and added recipe for crafting Yellow ether tags from scourge
April 8 - Increased the frequency of the Ether gravel to be more plentiful in over wold Gen
- Added the possibility of the scourge to spawn from ether gravel
April 10 - Added guard tag crafted with excess yellow dog tags and yellow ether to summon a guard to help you in battle crafted by using excess dog tags dropped from mobs
- Guard will attack you if you attack them- They don't play well with other friendly mobs if they attack (friendly fire mishaps possible)
- Adjusting spawn rate of mobs so there are not that many roaming in other dimensions
- Lowered the attack strength of the soldiers as they were a bit too Over Powered.
April 12 - Added 3 more Scourge (Silver Fish) Red, Blue and Green Scourge mobs
April 16 - Added the sentry mob
April 18 - Working on adding sentry's - Decided to go with a spider as the whole floating head did not turn out the way I thought it would.
April 18 - Added the other 2 picks (Blue and Green).
April 18 - Added a Yellow shovel
April 21- Added an Electric Trap- (Reconsidering on keeping this)
April 24 - Added ether nuggets
April 24 - Added crafting recipe for stone variety to ether nugget / 9x-4 nuggets
April 29 - Added Yellow Ether Spider
May 4 - Added a new Ore Ballast that as of now can be used in crafting enchantments for Books that can be used in an anvil later to apply on Items. There are two ways to obtain the ore, 1) Mine it when found 2) Combine 9 ores 3Yellow 3Red 3Blue to gain 1 Ballast. The generation of the ballast ore is similar to the Green ether
May 6 - Added Red Ether Spider
May 6 - Added a recycling program where if your armor is close to breaking you can place it in the furnace to retrieve 1 ingot of the material that the armor was created with.
May 7 - Increased the armor values
May 12 - Added the Blue Ether Spider.
May 16 - Adjusted spawning of spiders from Soldiers and reduced natural spawning in world. More like added the Red and Blue spider spawn chances on soldiers.
May 16 - Added attacking instructions for the new Scourge and spiders to Guards so they can recognize them and attack them.
May 17 - Replaced the textures for the Plants that generate in the Over world to be more visible.