Please note: Versions 0.0.9 and above are NOT compatible with previous versions.
Also! The Dimension of The Crystallia is being overhauled quite soon, I really do not recommend traveling there just yet!
It's been a rough day. You sit down, and take a break from all the adventuring.
Out of the corner of your eye, you notice... blue? A bright, vibrant blue leaf comes gently floating in your direction. Curious, you decide that that break you took wasn't that important, and begin walking in the direction that the leaf came from.
Soon enough, you realize you are in a different world. The grass is purple, the trees have a dark purple bark, and mysterious blue flesh. There's creatures which before were unimaginable wandering around you.
Welcome to The Crystallia.
The Crystallia is a work in progress mod based off my love for crystals and exploration, with updates coming at a sporadic rate, I am constantly making changes and updating things.
Please note: This is my first ever mod, no joke! If you have any tips for modmaking or general feedback for this mod I'd love to hear them!
This mod currently includes:
7 types of gemstones (Crystalli, Eventidium, Aurorium, Midnite, Luminite, Umbrium, and Evencrystium)
Listed in terms of tier, with crystalli being the weakest (Though still tougher than diamond)
New biomes! (Obsidian Forest, Crystalli Grove, Eventide Orchard, Midnight Woods, Luminous Acres, Aurora Meadow, and Dark Umbral Woods)
A new fruit, as well as crystal variety; the Camquat (inside joke present, but it is a fruit nonetheless)
Pretty looking wood, all in different colors (Purple, Gray, Blue, Fuschia, Black, Creamy Yellow, and Light Green)
Tools and Armor (Made with love and gemstones)
Flowers to make your life prettier. (10 varieties)
Ability to craft vanilla items with modded wood varieties (Crafting Tables, Chests, and sticks currently)
A new dimension, The Crystallia; a once peaceful world turned hostile, despite the light that shines.
The dimension itself is accessible, but is heavily under work. The current dimension will soon be changed drastically, as it's only a placeholder.
Fusion Crafting (Can currently only craft Evencrystium; will add more later)
New and better trees to replace the vanilla looking ones in each biome.
New and fun mobs! (3 currently)
Mushrooms....? They're... glowing..
Another hellish dimension, The Umbris.
More crystal-themed biomes (The Crystal Desert and Tundra)
More items you can make through the altar.
A prettier GUI for the Altar, promise!
Hmmmmmmmm are more new biomes coming to The Dimension of Crystallia? I think so.
Some new structures and variance to trees in Crystallian biomes.
Here's images of some if the items and blocks!
To get started, you'll first want to get yourself a diamond tool, a pickaxe is preferred.
Traverse the lands until you find an Obsidian forest; this forest has trees as hard as obsidian, if it wasn't clear by it's name.
Cut down a tree or two, or three, or the entire forest. Up to you!
Craft the logs into obsidian sticks, just as you would normal sticks.
Now you have to find Crystalli. This gem spawns below a certain y-value (But why would I tell you? It ruins the adventure!)
Mine the Crystalli, I hope you have a diamond pickaxe or a pick of the same harvest level (aka one that can mine obsidian). You also will need a few diamonds to make your first set of armor and tools.
And now you're set! I recommend downloading JEI to look at all the available recipes!
This mod pairs well with AOCAWOL's mod,Oh the Biomes You'll Go! If you're planning on wanting more biomes to go along with The Crystallia's, then this is the mod for you!
I personally recommend it over Biomes O' Plenty.
And that's all for now. I really do hope I did alright for my first mod. I will do my best to fix any problems and balance the mod, but for now, it is what it is.
Also! This mod works fine on my laptop, but please if it is giving anyone of you who downloads it has issues let me know asap!
Credits: Myself (WintereousFlame/SporadicSplash), MCreator, and EntityCat (My best friend, who gave me the motivation to make this mod in the first place.)
Also, find it here on Curse!
Almost at 17k downloads on Curse guys ;o;
- Added 3 types of Gems: Crystalli, Eventidium, and Midnight Gemstone.
- Added 4 biomes, each with respective trees: Crystalli Forest, Eventide Forest, Midnight Forest, and Obsidian Forest.
- Added Tools, Weapons, and Armor based off each gem.
- Added Camquats and Crystal Camquats.
- Added 10 varieties of flowers.
- Temporarily Removed saplings due to problematic nature; will re-implement once problem is solved.
- Added 3 more Gems: Aurorium, Lumini, and Umbrium.
- Added 3 new biomes, each with respective trees: Luminous Acres, Auroral Meadow, and Dark Umbral Woods.
- Added Tools, Weapons, and Armor for each new gem.
- Evened out all Tools.
- Fixed bug with not being able to mine Lumini.
- Added recipes to get dye from the flowers added by the mod; now they have a use other than looking pretty!
- Evened out armor and fixed their durabilities.
- Made planks more versatile -- now you can craft vanilla wooden tools and workbenches from them! (More to come later)
- Reduced camquat drop rate from Obsidian Trees to 2%.
- General bug fixes dealing with recipes.
- Added new dimension, The Crystallia
- The dimension itself is accessible, but is heavily under work. Only 4 different biomes exist, there's no new structures, ores, or entities that spawn there currently.
- Added Evencrystium, a new and powerful gem. (No weapons/tools/armor as of yet)
- Added Fusion Crafting (Can currently only craft Evencrystium; will add more later)
- Changed biome rarities
- Fixed gravity with some plank varieties
- Fixed hardness of obsidian oak, but now requires a pickaxe to break.
- Remade the mod from scratch. Not compatible with previous versions.
- Replaced vanilla looking trees in each biome with custom trees. More to come soon enough.
- Changed name of "Midnight Gemstone" to "Midnite".
- Added my first mob; Gem Beasts! They spawn in all of The Crystallia biomes only.
- Changed Aurorium, Luminite, and Umbrium to only generate in their respected biomes. (Aurorium in Aurora Fields, Luminite in Luminous Acres, and Umbrium in Dark Umbral Woods)
- Added Evencrystium Armor and Tools
- Fixed a weird problem where the mod would only load with the recommended forge version; should work with any now.
- Added support for wooden tools with the wood planks added with The Crystallia.
- Random bug fixes, updating recommended
- Added some more ambient mobs: The Crystalli Creeper and Pygmy Ents! (Pygmy Ents spawn in Birch, Spruce, Dark Oak, and Oak variations as of now)
- Changed the way some flowers spawn in worlds.
- Added Magic Mushrooms (The Non-Psychedelic Variety)
- Added Saplings! They have a 5% chance to drop when you break a leaf from a Crystallian Tree. Saplings currently have no use, but will in the near future.
- Mushrooms have invaded the Luminous Acres.
- Fixed a quick problem where leaves weren't actually dropping any saplings.
- Made logs and some blocks of gems rotatable. (Caution: This update my have strange affects on logs generated in previous versions)
- Made Pygmy Ents and Crystal Creepers a little more common than they were. (They were too rare before)
- Fixed a major problem where the portal to The Crystallia was refusing to work.
- !!!!!LEAF DECAY!!!!! Leaf decay is finally here, I am working to make it more natural looking but for now it works.
- A bit annoying, but breaking leaf blocks will now drop the leaf until I come up with a better solution for collecting your pretty colored bushels.
- Made Gem Beasts more rare.
- Added 2 new "ultimate" weapons, The Sword of Sav and the Scythe of Echo (Or "Echoing Scythe") they are currently unobtainable without cheating.
- Added Magic Mushroom Stews... no not those kinds of mushrooms jfc
- Changed the portal frame for The Crystallia's Portal, it now uses a block appropriately named "Evencrystium Portal Frame"
- Added Rock Candy. Very Tasty. Full of minerals. 100% nutritious yep.
- Saplings still no worky q.q""
Release 1.0.6 [HOTFIX]
- Fixed a lil problem with the 2 new weapons.
- The Crystallian Creeper Army has left the Nether and End.