Portal Gates allows you to craft blocks that you can stand on and teleport to different locations in the current world or other worlds such as the nether to end or surface to a modded world.
One of the issues with traveling long distances or between worlds is loading time.
It is possible to get stuck in a loop going between portals due to computers not loading the chunks in fast enough for the delay.
I have found that for my PC an 80 tick delay will work for my loading time but this value can be higher for other computers.
It's best to set the tick delay time higher than you need until you can figure out what your server or computer can handle.
This should be fixed as of 1.1.0 but the option to delay to a higher value than 200 ticks is still an option if needed.
The portal delay time may need to be manually increased or replaced to apply the fix.
If you have 9 minutes to spare you can watch a quick tutorial I made on how to properly set up the portal, it covers crafting, placement, portal settings, and all that jazz.
- Crafting recipes that can be seen in inventory mods like Not Enough Items.
- Portals can teleport monsters and creatures.
- Portals display delay time for players.
- Portals can teleport between worlds
- Portales can transport players.
- Custom high-quality assets.
- Some advancements
- Cross-mod support.
- Forge Fluid transporters are a simple way to transport forge Fluids to other locations locally.
- Forge Energy teleporters. A simple way to remote transport FE to other locations locally.
- Portal Events are things that can happen to the portals randomly.
- Single-use panic button to teleport you to a stored portal.
- Maybe something to do with biomes not sure what yet.
- Short-distance portals with local transportation in mind.
- Item teleporter, transport items instead of entities.
- Craftable versions of the decretive portal blocks.
- More portal settings for entity selectors.
- Colorable portal and crystals.
- More cross-mod support.
Recipes can be found on the GitHub Wiki page.
- GitHub - For bug reports, suggestions, polls for future updates, general use and development use downloads, and so on.
- NorthWestTreesGaming - Has a mod page with permissions a text tutorial as well as download links for the latest version.
- CurseForge - A alternate download location for every version but only general use builds.
Release 1.1.0 for 1.18.2
- Added 10 advancements.
- Added all portal blocks to the mod creative tab.
- Added custom advancement background.
- Added mod creative tab.
- Added teleportation countdown timer Text.
- Capped the minimum delay time to 200 ticks or 10s
- Default delay time is now 200 ticks 10s.
- Delay time may be a bit more stable now.
- Delay time runs via entity not block now.
- Fixed issue with slabs and steps regarding AI pathfinding.
- Made the portal gate block recipe more expensive.
- Major overhaul to the delay time script.
- Recipe items now use tags for cross-mod support.
- Removed old portal_gate:solids block tag.
- Updated the modification display name.
Release 1.0.1 for 1.18.2
- Changed the default delay time for portal gates to 100 ticks (5 seconds).
- Changed Portal Gate Steps, Portal Gate Slabs, and Portal Gate Slab Crystals to be breakable.
- Changed Portal Gate Steps, Portal Gate Slabs, and Portal Gate Slab Crystals now have a hardness of 5.
- Changed Portal Gate Steps, Portal Gate Slabs, and Portal Gate Slab Crystals now have pickaxes as the tool to mine.
- Changed Portal Gate Slab Crystals to have glass-breaking sounds.
- Fixed issue where Portal Gate Steps, Portal Gate Slabs, and Portal Gate Slab Crystals could trap players.
- Fixed issue where Portal Gate Steps, Portal Gate Slabs, and Portal Gate Slab Crystals could not be placed in Creative mode.
- Fixed issue with Rune Stone item not properly setting default values when pulled from the creative inventory or summoned.
- The Portal Gate block will now check if Portal Gate Steps, Portal Gate Slabs, or Portal Gate Slab Crystals exists and then remove them when broken.
- Portal Gate blocks can now only be placed if the 8 blocks around it support breaking using the tag "portal_gates:replaceable_blocks".
- Portal Gate Steps, Portal Gate Slabs, and Portal Gate Slab Crystals are all now grouped under the tag "portal_gates:portal_gate_blocks".
- The tag "portal_gates:replaceable_blocks" supports the following blocks: (Air, Water, Lava, Snow Layers, Fire, Saplings, Flowers, Double Flowers, Grasses, Double Grasses, Shrubs, Mushrooms, Fungus, Sweet Berries, Vine, Cave Vines, Nether Vines, Lily Pads, Kelp, Sea Grass, Structure Voids, Coral, Dead Coral, Roots, Nether Roots, Spores, Nether Sprouts)
Release 1.0.0 for 1.18.2
- Added Portal Gate block
- Added Rune Stone
- Added Rune Stone modes
- Added Portal Gate delay time
- Added settings to enable or disable monsters using the portal
- Added settings to enable or disable creatures using the portal
- Added support for custom worlds
- Added unique textures for each block
- Added Portal Gate Slab block
- Added Portal Gate Slab Crystal block
- Added Portal Gate Stair block
- Added support for connected portal gate blocks to be removed when the portal is broken
- Added support to change the delay time for the portal gate