⊹ ⨯ . ⁺ ✦ ⊹ ꙳ ⁺ ‧ ⨯. ⁺ ✦ ⊹ . * ꙳ ✦
Ever wondered what lies between the Overworld and the Nether? Or what unexplored depths lie beneath the Nether? Well now you can venture deeper than ever before, though caverns of rock, crystal and ice, in the hope of finding what treasures lie deep beneath the surface. But be wary, for there are far worse creatures than any nether dwelling monster lurking in the shadows of the deepest parts of the world.
More screenshots here: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/infinite-abyss/screenshots
- Layer 0: Overworld
- Layer 1: large cavern, different kind of stone and full of crystals
- Layer 2: Reddish stone, magma instead of lava, like a less hot version of the nether
- Layer 3: The Nether
- Layer 4: Filled with lots of mushrooms and mycelium
- Layer 5: Made of Prismarine and has guardians, as well as glowing vines hanging from the cavern roof
- Layer 6: An icy frozen cavern, with wind spirits and other frozen creatures
- Layer 7: A bizarre shadowy cavern filled with strange clusters of glowing eyes
- Charya: A humanoid tentacled monster, standing 4 blocks high, wielding a large sword and shooting toxic slime at players
- Crystal Construct: A spinning collection of crystal blocks which attacks the player
- Frozen Wither: A larger more powerful version of the Wither
- Layer 1 portal: Amethyst blocks and Amethyst Key (Key is craftable)
- Layer 2 portal: Deepstone blocks and Pink Crystal Key (Key is craftable)
- Layer 3 portal: Standard Nether portal (Flint and Steel is craftable)
- Layer 4 portal: Layer 2 Red Deepstone and Red Crystal Key (Key is craftable)
- Layer 5 portal: Third Layer Deepstone and Opal Key (Key is craftable)
- Layer 6 portal: Deep Prismarine and Frozen Key (Key is a 5% drop from Guardian Knights)
- Layer 7 portal: Blue Ice and Shadow Key (Key is a 5% drop from Wind Spirits)
This mod can be used with the Immersive Portals dimension stacking feature, however that only works in 1.16.5, (at the time of writing this at least) so the dimensions are instead accessible by normal dimension portals. In the 1.16.5 version portals can be disabled using /gamerule infiniteAbyssPortalsEnabled false so the only way to get to them will be digging.
Dimension stacking is not on by default, you will need both 1.16.5, the Immersive Portals mod and to enable dimension stacking, there is a tutorial on that here: https://qouteall.fun/immptl/wiki/Dimension-Stack.html
Use JEI so you know how to do certain things and JER so you know where ores generate/what mobs drop what if you're having trouble with that. Also for other info like tool strength needed to break blocks you can use mods like this or this. You are automatically given all recipes added by this mod when you first join a world so you may not need JEI.
Can I post this to another site?
No. I will attempt to get reposts of the mod taken down.
How finished is this mod?
Since this is the first release of the mod, some features will likely be changed or replaced based on my own ideas and community feedback, this version of the mod is, as far as I know, playable, free of major bugs and enjoyable to play, however it is likely not finished, few mods only get one published version.
Will this mod be made to work in version X?
I have no plans to make versions of this mod for older versions of the game, a 1.12.2 or 1.15.2 version would take too long to make and the workspace for the mod is not compatible with older versions of Mcreator. I might however update this mod to 1.20 when the update is out.
What version should I use?
The 1.18.2/1.19.2 versions generally look better since they have dripstone, however only the 1.16.5 version is currently compatible with Immersive Portals dimension stacking and has custom super deep mineshafts so you may wish to use the 1.16.5 version instead. The 1.16.5 version also has 256 block high dimensions to make it work better with Immersive Portals, whereas the 1.18.2/1.19.2 versions has 128 block high dimensions. The 1.16.5 version might run slower than the 1.18.2/1.19.2 versions due to increased dimension height (although that hasn't been tested) so if you are experiencing lag it may be best to use the 1.18.2/1.19.2 versions.
Are there any Incompatibilities?
I do not know of any specific incompatibilities between this mod and other mods, however if you are using the 1.16.5 version with Immersive Portals then check here to see if other mods you want to use are compatible or not
Video of the mod in 1.16.5 with Immersive Portals dimension stacking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0jBOm0dUKA
If you wish to include this in a modpack please contact me.
Made with Mcreator
Violet Diamond Drill
Cursed Opal Shovel
Cursed Opal Axe
Castle (on layer 4)
Large mushrooms (on layer 4)
Prismarine house (on layer 5)
Fixed Guardian Armor having 5 instead of 7 for the leggings damage value, changed Slimy Deepstone being named Deepstone, changed various items to need breaking power 5, changed Sapphire Box to Sapphire Crate, Added monster rooms to layer 1, changed Charium Ore to need breaking power 6, gave Mechanical Heart the "Used as a drill component" subtext, made respawn anchors work in the layers, changed pickaxe speed to 1.2, moved Frozen Skulls advancement to go after the Go No Further advancement, changed Wither Artefact to be crafted with a Flawless Charium rather than Shadow Key, Fixed Slimy Deepstone not generating right in 1.16.5.
1.1 Changelog (1.19.2) Added skulk patches to the 7th layer