Topaz 1.1 incoming, bringing with it two new shinies ready to dazzle you!
The portal bugs have been corrected, now you can roam across the Layer-1 without fear about coming back! But still keep some empty space in your inventory when travelling, as the return portal will be added to your inventory when travelling for the first time. I'm working on a crafting recipe.
Welcome to Mineral Galore! This mod adds a bunch of various stuff, made to make your mining trips more enjoyable.
I got this idea while playing vanilla Minecraft, when I saw some diamonds, that looked blue-green with the environment (lava). And I thought that was aquamarine, and I got the idea to create a small mod to add Aquamarine. Then I got another idea, Topaz... then Sulfur, then Smoky Quartz, then... well, this mod is the result of a whole three months of work starting from a stupid diamond surrounded with lava. 37 ORES! 43 NEW METALS AND GEMS! A LOT OF NEW TOOLS! 13 MOBS! 33 SPECIAL WEAPONS EXCLUDING SWORDS! 4 UTILITY BLOCKS! 644 MOD ELEMENTS IN TOPAZ 1.1!!
The great new in Topaz 1.0 is a Boss Battle!! Find a rare Galore Arena underground (a giant Bedrock bunker with a red block in the middle and a blue-white wall), use an Adamacron Callstone (craftable yet, but will later be a rare mob drop) on the red block and here we go!! Defeat a boss to get the Callstone used to summon the next one! Final reward : a mysterious block......
UTILITY BLOCKS :
- Refinery (was called Ore Dissocier in the past) : allows you to refine some gems to get various stuff, according to their real-life composition. Example : put a diamond inside and get coal. Since the GUI system of MCreator didn't work at the time I created this block, this is just a click-and-collect block : click with input in hand, get output directly in inventory. I'm working on a GUI system, it will be released in a further version.
- Water Purifier : not a really useful one. Bring some Contaminated Water (a fluid that spawns underground and that kills everything on contact) and an Aragonite Crystal (known for its curative properties), and get normal water. Useful when you're out of water, but this shouldn't happen since water is infinite.
- Distillator (Was called Gas Distiller in the past) : not much uses, but the only ones are really cool. Get Titanium from Rutile (allows to create super-resistant tools), craft Asrine Gas from Arsenic (USED TO CRAFT AN ARSENIC BLASTER!!!), or use it to refine the dirty mud you got from Copper refining!
- Gem Synthetizer : globally allows to reverse the Refinery process : input what you got as output with a Refinery and you'll obtain what you used as the Refinery input. Warning, only works with some materials, and has high chance to fail (this is intended to prevent you from farming Sapphires with just a bunch of sand and some Aluminium Nuggets.)
- Superswords : this category of powerful swords is really costly (you'll need 33 various gems to craft one, except for the Spinel ones because the blade requires 54 gems), but when you have it, you're unstoppable. Craft one by using a random hilt and a random blade (every possible combination work, rofl), and get an OP weapon with multiple powers! Example : Amethel can regenerate you on hit, or Sapphirmarine deals 25 damage per hit!! (To compensate this ridiculously exaggerated damage value, the supersword has only 16 uses, and gives you a lot of debuffs. ROFLSHMSFOAIDMT)
- Celestial Staves : comes in two variants, Lunar and Galaxy. For each one, you'll have to go in the End, collect some Moonstones, and use them to craft a mythical staff that makes meteors rain on your enemies! The Lunar Staff makes only fall 1 meteor per hit, but has a decent durability. The Galaxy Staff is harder to get since you need a crap-ton of various rare gems, but it can make between 4 and 16 meteors fall at once! But it's less durable. Just don't forget to run, as you might be crushed by your own meteors too.
- Arsenic Blaster : craft it with a lot of steel and Arsine gas (obtained from Arsenic, itself obtained by refining the rare Realgar). It has no reload time, is as durable as a bow, and when its bullet hits a target, the enemy is poisoned. But when the bullet hit the ground, the pression of the gas in the bullet makes it EXPLODE!!!
- Rock Crawler : spawns only in the Layer-1 yet, but I'm working on correcting this. Globally acts as a passive mob, until you hit it. It's tanky, doesn't fear fall damage and hits like a truck. Supersword advised if you plan to kill one. Drops include : Cobblestone (8-16), Sulfur (50% chance), Spinel (33% chance, randomly chooses between Blue and Black), and Topaz (4% chance).
- Miner : spawns in dark places. Holds a steel pickaxe and wears a Miner Helmet. It's just like you (even in the texture, it's a vanilla Steve yet), but has 30 health instead of your regular 20, and hits hard too. It has 8.5% chance to drop either its helmet or its pickaxe, just like a basic armored mob. There's also a WIP version of a more dangerous version, that curresntly doesn't spawn, but still available in creative inventory.
- Rock Walker : the evolved version of the Rock Crawler, that rarely spawns in Overworld caves. It's a hostile mob, so stay aware. It's hard-coated, really tanky, has 55 HP, some damage resistance, doesn't fear arrows, water, potions or falling, a little slow, and can crush you with two blows. Drops include : Cobblestone (100% chance, 0-64), and Pyrite (100% chance, 0-16).
A COLOSSAL BOSS BATTLE WITH 6 PHASES, WITH EACH PHASE THAT CAN BE TRIGGERED WHEN YOU WANT STARTING FROM THE POINT WHERE YOU GET THE CALLSTONE :
- Adamacron : when spawned, it spawns with a group of minions that chase you at high speed! The boss itself has 100 health, but can randomly regain 4 hitpoints when you hit him (don't fight him with bare hands!) and will summon a minion every 15 seconds. And he's really dangerous : each of his blows deal 15 damage! The only way to damage him is by direct attacks. Has 75% chance to drop 8-16 Zircons, 25% chance to drop 16-64 Diamonds, but will always drop the Hydrocron Callstone along with 50 XP.
- Lesser Adamacron : it is small, weak but fast, and never fights alone. It has 20 hitpoints, 2 attack damage and won't drop anything apart from 7 XP.
- Hydrocron : bigger, harder, but weaker. He has 150 hitpoints, will deal 7 damage per hit, but is able to randomly place water when he walks, making the battlefield a swimming pool that can be a real disadvantage with the water flow. It is advised to bring sponges/buckets/a lot of blocks. When killed, he drops 4-32 Aquamarines, along with 60 XP and the Cerulicron Callstone.
- Cerulicron : this pile of Sapphires is a real tank. It has 150 hitpoints, can only be damaged by a ranged stuff (Celestial taves won't work either), can summon a bunch of kamikaze minions and will pummel you until you die! But he's immobile (he'll still take knockback from bows, so try using a Punch bow to knock it where it'll not be able to target you). When killed, it drops between 8 and 16 Sapphires, along with 75 XP and the Chronocron Callstone.
- Lesser Cerulicron : this crawling Sapphire is very fragile. It can only be damaged by an explosion or a player attack, and when it dies, it EXPLODES!! Try bringing a shield to protect you against the explosions or a Blast protection armor, as they hit really hard. And since they're often in clusters, dying in the explosion while another one is near will destroy it too, and you stuff too will explode.
- Chronocron : as his name implies, he's able to manipulate the flow of time for himself. He can randomly enter in an outburst of speed, and has six phases too, corresponding to how much health he has. In the first stage, he's normal. In the second stage, he gains approximately 20% speed, and in the third stage, he gains an additional 20%, making him running at 140% of his normal speed. When reaching the fourth phase, he returns to his normal speed, but now has a Strength buff, that gains another level at each further. At final stage, he has 8 more attack damage, 40% more speed, and will resist 40% of your damage! He can only be damaged by direct attacks, and has 180 health. When killed, he drops 2-8 Topazes, 100 XP and the Geminocron Callstone.
- Geminocron : these two Corundum brothers are ready to thrash you at any time! They both have 125 hitpoints, but are very different in their attack : the pink one is quick but has 5 attack damage, while the yellow is slow but can drain your health bar in two hits. Apart from that, they don't really have special features, but I'm working on some better strategy. Each one will drop 4-16 Corundums of the corresponding color, along with 75 XP and a Galore Key piece. Once the two parts are crafted together, you'll be able to open the mysterious blue wall...
- Armaggecron : the real Boss of the Galore Arena! It has only 200 hitpoints, but you'll hardly be able to land blows on it because it continuously spawns a flow of various minions. The worst part is that amongst the eight Lesser Adamacrons he summons when spawning the first time and the ones it randomly spawns later on, it can also summon some of the five Bosses you fought earlier! These ones won't drop anything (you really thought you'll be able farm Topazes?!), and it can even randomly create small explosions around it!! When killed, it drops 500 XP, up to 16 Diamonds, 16 Aquamarines, 8 Sapphires, 8 Topazes, 16 random Corundums, and will always drop a mysterious block...
ORES (with implement version) :
- Aquamarine (1.0) : this cool blue-green gem can be found below Y=48, slightly rarer than Iron. Used to craft tools similar to Iron, but with double durability! Since 3.2, spawn only under rivers, oceans, beaches, swamplands and all of their variants.
- Topaz (1.0) : this orange gem can be found below Y=30, and is approximately as rare as Diamonds. It can be used to craft tools slightly better than Diamonds, but more fragile.
- Sulfur (1.1) : can be found at any altitude, under the form of yellow veins. Mining it will inflict you a short Nausea, because the real-life Sulfur smells terrible! It's rarer than coal and allows to smelt 12 items per Sulfur unit. Its block form can smelt a total of 120 items!!!
- Smoky Quartz (1.1) : this rare mineral can be found sometimes at any altitude in the Nether, in small veins. Use it to craft a dark-tinted deco block, or a powerful armor that grants several potion buffs (along with a sticky Blindness effect).
- Sapphire (1.2) : this somewhat rare mineral can be found at the same depth and rarity as Diamonds. The gems can be used to craft tools that are more durable than Diamonds! 2.0.1 brought a new Supersword Part that you can build with Sapphire.
- Agate (1.2) : this very pretty crystal can be found between Y=32 and Y=64. Its only purpose is decoration, and can be crafted into a translucent colored block that can be used as luxury glass. Before 1.3, there was only Pink agate, but since, there is four colors : Pink, Blue, Brown and Green! Also 4.0 added Red Agates.
- Pyrite (1.2) : every geology amateur knows pyrite is iron and sulfur. Then this ore, that you can find below Y=64, will drop a Pyrite Crystal that you can refine at the ore Dissocier to obtainr andomly Iron and Sulfur! Or since 2.3, you can craft a pickaxe from it ; this tool can destroy stone faster than gold, but can't mine anything else.
- Zircon (1.3) : oooh, a Diamond!!! That's strange, we're only at Y=32... uhh nope, it was just a Zircon. Use it to craft tools that have the same efficiency as Stone tools, but ten times more durable!
- Cuprite (2.0) : you'll have to venture into the extreme depths to discover this one. Hidden below Y=16, slightly resembling the Redstone, you can refine it with your Refinery to obtain Copper Ingots... then make Copper Nuggets the same way you'd create Gold Nuggets, and mix them with Zinc to obtain Brass! Since T1.1, you have to refine it in the Refinery instead of smelting it. But now you have 2% chance to get some mineral putty, that you can use in your Distillator to get something special. Don't forget to bring a Chlorine Pellet and a Bottle.
- Steel (2.0) : just smelted your Iron? Then put it again in your Furnace! The carbon emitted by the fuel combustion will be absorbed by the melting metal, that will turn into Steel. This new alloy can be used to craft tools that have the same efficiency as Iron, but 50% more durable! A good alternative to Aquamarine, while you're searching for the cyan gems. Since 3.1, Steel Tools quickly corrode when exposed to rain.
- Phosphorus (2.0) : highly flammable!!! Discover Phosphorite Ore in the depths, refine the Phosphorite in the Ore Dissocier and obtain raw pure Phosphorus, that can be used as fuel, as replacement for coal and gunpowder in the Fire Charge recipe, or to craft Matches, along with Sulfur! Then place eight matches around a Paper to obtain a Matchbox, that has the same usage as the Flint and Steel but four times more durable!!
- Aragonite (2.0) : this sublime orange crystal can be used to craft swords, and a Supersword Blade!!! Since 3.0, you can use it to purify Contaminated Water at a Water Purifier!
- Spinel (2.0.1) : can only be found in Extreme Hills biomes, coming in two variants : Blue and Black. Each one can be used to craft a Blade Part, and the two Blade Parts can be then combined to create a brand new Supersword Blade! Also allows to create an armor set since 2.1.
- Amethyst (2.1) : this purple ore can be found in the Nether, at any altitude and is a little less common than regular Quartz. It can be used to craft a new decorative transparent block that you can use as glass.
- Realgar (3.0) : mine this ore approximately everywhere underground, refine the Realgar Crystals at the Ore Dissocier and obtain Arsenic! From now on, be careful : Arsenic randomly poisons you when you have it in inventory. Now take some Glass Bottles, use your Gas Distiller to obtain pure Arsine Gas, and surround an Iron Block with eight Arsine Bottles to obtain an Arsine Canister, that you can attach below your Arsine Cannon!!
- Zinc (3.1) : mine Sphalerite below Y=32 and refine it at the Ore Dissocier to obtain Zinc Ingots. Turn the ingots into nuggets and use them to coat your new Steel Pickaxe, effectively protecting them from rain corrosion! Or coat a single Zinc Nugget with Copper Nuggets to craft a Brass Ingot. NYI : Coated Steel tools will receive a durability buff.
- Brass (3.1) : this alloy can be obtained by crafting Zinc and Copper Nuggets together. Use it to craft Electrical Wires, Arsine Cannon Shells (along with some Arsenic and Gunpowder) or a new set of patterned decorative blocks!
- Zirconium (3.1) : extract this bright metal from Zircons at the Ore Dissocier. It allows to craft a dangerous sword (that will need rebalancing, because that single sword is stronger than a Supersword yet)! NYI : will also allow to create tools that will be two times more durable as raw Zircon Tools, and with the efficiency of Iron!
- Titanium (3.2) : mine Rutile under Y=32, and be ready for anything. Filter a Water Bottle at the Distillator to obtain some Salt, place it in the Refinery to separate the chlorine, and use the Chlorine pellets along with Rutile at the Distillator to create a vial of Titanium Tetrachloride. Then refine again this liquid to finally obtain some Titanium... oh, and this is the REAL industrial process of Titanium extraction. Can be used to craft tools that have efficiency of Iron, but with 130% of the diamond's durability!
- Flint (3.3) : the good ol' Flint you spent hours digging Gravel to find some. Can be found in the surface dirt under the form of black deposits, but quite rarely, and can only be mined with Iron or higher.
- Opal (3.3) : this magic gem can be rarely found in the Nether. Craft a Pickaxe, a Supersword Part of a Bayleaf Amulet, a mystic object said to greatly empower anyone who holds it in hand...
- Bauxite (3.3) : found anywhere below Y=32, this ore can be refined into a bunch of stuff, but the most important thing it gives is Aluminium. Use it to craft a super-resistant Sword, or some cans to compactly store your food.
- Moonstone (4.0) : you can find this rare gem in the End... only a Topaz pickaxe can mine it. Collect some Moonstones to craft a Lunar Stone, that you can place at the top of two Amethysts Crystals to create a Lunar Staff!
- Ruby (4.0) : slightly more frequent than Diamonds, has the same harvest level, same durability but is a little slower. Can be crafted into a pickaxe, a sword and another secret...
- Malachite (4.0) : can sometimes be found hidden in an Azurite deposit, as the result of the slow oxidation process. S1.0 brought some tools to craft with it.
- Azurite (S1.0) : can be found at the same depths as Cuprite, at same rarity. Can be used to craft a Supersword Blade and a powerful Sword, but even if it looks pretty, don't use its block form to decorate your home! Like in real-life, a large chunk of Azurite exposed to the air slowly oxides into Malachite.
- Onyx (S1.0) : can be found below Y=32, as he "darker" counterpart to Agate (since it's globally the same stone but in black and white instead of colored). You can use it to craft a powerful pickaxe that breaks stone like nothing else, but without dropping anything. And it can't break oher stuff, much like the Pyrite Pickaxe.
- Heliotrope (S1.0) : can be VERY RARELY found in the End, as the Moonstone's opposite. Can be only mined with a Topaz Pickaxe, and can be crafted in an Heliotrope Amulet that can be equipped int eh chestplate slot to grant Invisibility to its bearer!
- Corundum (S1.1) : I'm so sadistic, that I made this ore only spawn in Extreme Hills, among the Spinels and Emeralds, only below Y=48, and at low frequencies. Can be mined with an Iron pickaxe, and when you mine it, you can randomly gain up to three Corundum Gems, randomly chosen between the Yellow and Pink variant! Each one allows to craft a half of the Armor set, and you'll have to combine the two variants to craft the tools.
- Citrine (T1.0) : you need to travel in the new Dimension to find this one! Yet it can only be used to create a sword, but it will have more interesting features later.
- Proustite (T1.1) : go in the Layer-1, mine until Y=32, and search for some red deposits. Get some Proustite, refine it in your Refinery, and get Silver! Yet can only be used to craft a sword, but it will be cool features later.
- Iridium (T1.1) : you have two ways to get this rare metal. First, refine a lot of Cuprite, get some mineral mud, use this mud along with a Chlorine Pellet in your Distillator, and you'll get some Iridium Hexachloride. Next step, placing the chlorides in your Refinery, and ta-dam, Pulverized Iridium! Final step, smelting the powder, and get Iridium Nuggets, that you can combine to craft ingots. The other way is way easier : just go in the Layer-1 and mine Iridium Ore, that spawns with same rarity than Diamonds. You'll get 3-8 Iridium Powder, unless you have Silk Touch. In that case, you'll be able to smelt the whole block for 1 ingot.
PLANNED FEATURES :
- Plutonium : when right-clicked, this ore releases a powerful explosion that damages blocks and triggers nearby Plutonium ores, in a chain reaction. Don't stand close!
- A new Supersword Part (probably a Hilt) made from Corundums.
- Some special weapons using Silver and Iridium's reflection power!
- 1.0 - The First Steps : Added aquamarine and topaz gems, ores, blocks and tools.
- 1.1 - Smells Awful : Added sulfur and smoky quartz.
- 1.2 - Underground Lottery : Added sapphire, agate and pyrite. Changed sulfur ore texture, and added a crafting recipe for the Smoky Quartz Armor.
- 1.3 - A Color World Beneath Your Feet : Added the first Supersword, three new Agate colors and Zircon, whose ore looks like diamonds. Fixed Pink Agate dropping ore blocks instead of Agate Chunks, corrected Agate and Smoky Quartz transparency, and changed some ore spawn frequencies (notably Aquamarine being more frequent than Iron).
- 2.0 - Dissociation : Added a second Supersword, the Ore Dissocier, and the ores Cuprite, Aragonite and Phosphorite. Added Steel, Copper Wires, Matchbox, and Refinery Waste. Corrected the Green Agate item texture, and made some rebalancings in the ore spawn frequencies (notably Sulfur being more frequent than Coal). And um, changed the internal ID of the mod so you'll not be able to transfer any older world to 2.0.
- 2.0.1 - Symbiosis : Added Spinel, coming in Blue and Black variants, and a new Supersword.
- 2.1 - Toxic Ground : Added Amethyst and Contaminated Water. Added Spinel Armor and a new Supersword. Fixed Match and Matchbox bugs.
- 2.2 - Power Blades : Added eight new Superswords and two new Superswords Parts. Added a reserved creative tab for Superswords, and changed the spawn settings for Spinel, now making it spawn only in Extreme Hills biomes. But warning, as the algorithm is a little bugged and will also destroy every Spinel Ore manually placed outside from Extreme Hills.
- 2.3 - Dissociation Recrafted : Corrected the entire Ore Dissocier system, it now works perfectly. Added Pyrite Block, Pyrite Gem, and Pyrite Pickaxe. Modified Aragonite Ore texture.
- 3.0 - Noxious Aura : Added Realgar Ore, Water Purifier, Gas Distiller and Arsine Cannon. Corrected some spawn frequencies and rebalanced some Superswords.
- 3.1 - Oxidation : Steel tools will now corrode while exposed to the rain. Added Zinc ore, Brass alloy, Zirconium and Zirconium Sword.
- 3.2 - TItanium : Added Flint Deposits, Rutile Ore, Titanium, and all the stuff used to refine Titanium. Added Titanium Tools. Introduced an early-created advancement system, and made various rebalancings. Changed spawn conditions for Aquamarine, now spawning only in some biomes.
- 3.3 - Superstitions : Added Flint Ore, Opal and Bauxite. Added Bayleaf Amulet and Aluminium cans, along with two new food items : Fruit Salad and MRE. Fixed Aquamarine textures, upgraded advancement system.
- 4.0 - Hour of Need : Added Moonstone, Red Agate, Ruby and Malachite. Added Lunar Staff and Galaxy Staff. Added a new Brass decoration block and two new advancements. Changed Sulfur textures, changed Arsine Cannon name to Arsenic Blaster, Block of Brass to Storage Brass Block, and made some ore spawning rebalancings.
- Sulfur 1.0 - The Great Expansion : Added Azurite, Onyx and Heliotrope. Added Rock Crawler and Miner mobs. Added Heliotrope Amulet, Miner's Helmet, an Azurite Supersword Piece and thus the corresponding Superswords. Changed Topaz gem, ore and block textures. Added a crafting recipe for the Solar Gem. Added the Miner Shelter structure.
- Sulfur 1.1 - The World Looks Different : Added Corundum Ore, two Corundum variants and their respective blocks. Added Silicon, Electronic Wafers Tier 1 and Tier 2. Added Ore Identifier and utility block Gem Synthetizer. Changed a lot of textures, and made some rebalancings in the Refinery.
- Topaz 1.0 - Armaggedon : Added Citrine Ore. Added the Galore Arenas, and Adamacron, Hydrocron, Cerulicron, Chronocron, Geminocrons, Armaggecron, Lesser Adamacron and Lesser Cerulicron mobs. Added the Galore Layer-1 Dimension, added in and out portals.
- Topaz 1.1 - Shimmering Spark : Added Proustite and Iridium Ores. Added Citrine Supersword Blade and Hilt, along with every new combination. Corrected a lot of bugs about travelling between the Overworld and the Layer-1. Changed Cuprite refining process. Added animations for mobs, and slightly lowered Zircon Ore spawn rates.