User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
RaolCraft Ω Official Page
Thu, 09/10/2020 - 12:58 (edited)

This is the official topic for RaolCraft Omega.

Here I will write comments about future updates, changelogs, etc.

You can post here bug reports, suggestions, opinions, etc.

If you want a guide about the mod you can go here instead: https://github.com/raoldev/RaolCraft-Omega/wiki

If you want you can also reply to this survey:

(you can reply to only a few questions if you want )

In your opinion, what needs to be improved?

What should be removed?

What textures need to be changed?

Did you like playing this mod?

What's your favorite feature?

OLD STUFF:

I'm sorry that I am not making updates for RaolCraft 3 but I'm having some problems with internet connection (yes again)

Anyways, when I will have back the good internet connection I will release new little mods instead of updating RaolCraft.

The mods will be released in a single mod page because they will be like a modpack.

What mod should I make first?

Raol's Improved Vanilla

This mod will improve Vanilla minecraft without changing the gameplay (like Quark or Craft Horizons). Some features will be taken from RaolCraft (Raolcraft 1 was intended to be like a Minecraft update). 

Raol's Furniture mod

It's simply a furniture mod.

Raol's Clothes mod

Inspired by Killer Unicorns's Clothes+ mod.

Raol's Garden

A mod that adds more plants

(yes all of them start with Raol's because there may be other mods with similar names and also so they are all next to each other.)

Why am I doing this?

Because RaolCraft 3's workspace is broken and when importing it I need to fix an hundred of bugs and so it's better to make another mod.

Do you prefer another remake? RaolCraft Omega Edition XD

RaolCraft 1 reached 35 mod elements 

RaolCraft 2 reached 200+ mod elements 

RaolCraft 3 reached 900+ mod elements 

RaolCraft Ω maybe will reach 4500 mod elements XD just joking 

Edited by RaolTheBest on Thu, 09/10/2020 - 12:58
Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
will the new update be 1.15…
Sun, 11/01/2020 - 22:56

will the new update be 1.15 or 1.14? :D

Last seen on 17:49, 25. Mar 2021
Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It will be for 1.14.4, but I…
Sat, 11/14/2020 - 06:49

It will be for 1.14.4, but I will also release a 1.15.2 patch soon afterwards :)

By the way, would you prefer the pulvizer and depulvizer to stay as they are or to consume FE (or maybe just vanilla fuels)?

If they consume energy dusts will finally get ore dictionary compatibility (because they would be as expensive as the ones from other mods) and pulverizers could also turn ores into multiple dusts at time, but it could be too complex and unnecessary to have FE on a magic/exploration mod and it's probably better to stay simple. What do you think?

Last seen on 03:10, 19. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think both would be cool,…
Sat, 11/14/2020 - 12:20

I think both would be cool, with a button to toggle between FE input or fuel input

btw 2020.5 is released ;)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yep I know :D Thank you, I…
Sat, 11/14/2020 - 13:27

Yep I know :D

Thank you, I think I will make the machines technically consume FE, but generate FE themselves by consuming fuel. So they will look like they are simple blocks which consume fuel like furnaces, but if you also have more energy mods you can use their generators too and it would work fine

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The update is really taking…
Sun, 11/29/2020 - 18:42

The update is really taking a lot of time, not only because many things have to be redone but also because I am slowly losing motivation to mod (I only open MCreator once or twice per week now, I've probably played Minecraft for too many years :P)

Would you like to have a small pre-release of the update? Not all features will be ported, many textures will still have to be redone and there might be some bugs. The mod will still be playable though (I will make sure to rebuild important structures like corals the Dark Empeor's castle).

Anyway, here are some images from the update:

bush

As promised, vanilla-like bushes! The only differences are they do not deal movement damage, they still don't work with bone meal (but will soon) and they don't have the complex loot tables sweet berry bushes have (too lazy for it). Also, since I couldn't manage to make a food item place blocks on right-click (even with raytracing), to place the bush you actually have to craft the berry into the block form (just put a berry into a crafting grid to get a bush).

lava fishing

Improved lava fishing! You are no longer able to create your own lava pools, instead you'll have to find them in a structure in the Magma Forest (this one, I still have to make it spawn :P)! The loot you get is also improved, the rod will no longer randomly break (it will just lose 1 point of durability), the lava pool now lasts forever and there now is a little cooldown!

To make the cooldown work I had to use raytracing so the fishing rod will work from a bit more afar than normal items!

Using this system, you are incentivated to explore the dimension and once you find the structure you can choose to stay there fishing a lot of items or to just go collect some in the traditional way! It is also a source of food in case you're starving and a good place to build a shelter.

terra blessing

A few comments ago I talked about blessings! The Topaz Blessing, however, felt a little bit weak compared to the others, so it now got a more unique effect: it submerges enemies with sand (besides stunning them for 1,5 seconds)!

This isn't overpowered though since, because of knockback, you usually have to lead the mob to a corner to properly trap it with sand. Also, once it is submerged by 2 blocks of sand (if it's a player-like mob), you will no longer be able to hit it because of the sand. After the stun effect is gone, mobs usually manage to escape from the sand themselves.

And lets not forget that players affected by an Earth Totem/Amulet, mobs from the Soul Soil (I have to find a better name for that dimension because of the Soil Soul from 1.16...) and most bosses are unaffected by suffocation damage since they can destroy falling blocks!

PART 2 OF THIS COMMENT COMING SOON

Last seen on 00:42, 10. Oct 2023
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
whoa.... looks cool. also I…
Sun, 11/29/2020 - 18:56

whoa.... looks cool. also I understand losing motivation from modding to much especially since ive been making custom block models for days

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
THIS IS PART 2 OF THE…
Sun, 11/29/2020 - 19:08

THIS IS PART 2 OF THE PREVIOUS COMMENT

onyx

A new blessing was also introduced: the Blessing of the Onyx! It creates a little orb which slowns down mobs who collide it while also withering and weakening the nearest mob (even the player who created it, but that would be very unlikely)! The orb only lasts for a few seconds though.

The orbs created from the Ghostly Wand and the Illusion Wand also got a new model (similar to this one but with different colors). And, as you can see, the florazombie now looks completely different (it still has got a bad name thogh).

waterlogging

Waterlogging was also introduced to some RaolCraft blocks! Besides obvious ones, the orbs mentioned in the last paragraph, Coral Spider's cobwebs and Mysterious Painting now work underwater!

This means you can now use ranged wands underwater, decorate submerged ruins with waterproof paintings and place special cobwebs which are not broken by water!

As you can see, there also are new Mysterious Paintings. Those won't be found in the Dark Emperor's castle though (he wasn't that obsessed with art XD), but in the dear old Ice Fortress (don't worry, I've already rebuilt that. The way you summon the boss will change though - and the battle will actually be balanced - but I will talk about it another time).

particles

...And I also messed with custom particles!

Yes, I have to change amount, speed, etc. Their color is brighter because they are based on the old texture of leaves (since I'm a genius I changed the leaves right after implemeting the particles...).

There are also are new healing particles which appear during boss battles or when you use an Healing Wand, but I didn't make a screenshot for that.

So, well, that's it for today, hope you all have a nice day!

Hoping someone actually reads this besides Crispy_Chips (you always support me XD)...

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you MCModded1.14 :D
Sun, 11/29/2020 - 19:09

Thank you MCModded1.14 :D

Wow, seems very nice, also…
Mon, 11/30/2020 - 09:15

Wow, seems very nice, also nice to see new features of 2020.5 in action :D

The update is really taking a lot of time, not only because many things have to be redone but also because I am slowly losing motivation to mod (I only open MCreator once or twice per week now, I've probably played Minecraft for too many years :P)

Sad to hear this, but understandable. I hope my recent announcements didn't affect that.

Last seen on 13:59, 19. May 2023
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The update is really taking…
Mon, 11/30/2020 - 23:46

aw..

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
@bananarang_mods I said I am…
Wed, 12/02/2020 - 12:55

@bananarang_mods

I said I am losing motivation (I used to use MCreator a lot last year compared to now), not that my mods are discontinued. Development will just slow down ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
After the much procrastinated RaolCraft update in fact, I will continue working on the sci-fi mod (and I will sure have more inspiration for that since it will different compared to my other mods) :)

@Klemen

Don't worry, it isn't because of the announcements, I was already losing some motivation before. Even if you will longer be able to work on MCreator your software won't be forgotten and the community won't die, we will still be making mods (and the coders will be developing plugins to keep it updated)
:)

Joined Jun 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yesterday I was tweaking the…
Mon, 12/07/2020 - 08:20

Yesterday I was tweaking the Ice Golem boss battle and I decided I will release the first snapshot this week. I will just rebuild the most important islands from the Sky dimension, the Dusk Crystal clusters and the Dark Emperor's castle, then I will release it.

After the first large snapshot, there will probably be tiny weekly patches, each adding few content and fixing some bugs, until the update will be complete.
And it doesn't matter if they are unstable or incomplete, I will release them anyway since they're just snapshots :P.

Since most features will actually be reimplemented in a new form, this way it might feel like you will be playing a new remake of the mod which gets updated every week rather than just an incomplete port for a new version :)

Anyway, here are some news about the update...

• You can no longer craft the Frozen Altar used to summon the Ice Golem, but you will have instead to find it in the Frozen Fortress (and you can't move/break it, you have to fight the boss in the structure)
  • There is no need for Ice Bricks under the altar to summon the boss now
  • Ice Ectoplasms no longer spawn naturally but are only found in the Frozen Fortress
  • You can no longer freeze a Basic Wand into an Ice Wand using a Freezing Machine, but you can now craft the second using 8 Frozen Stars (which were previously used to create the Frozen Altar) and a Basic Wand
  • The Freezing Machine is no longer necessary for the battle but still is recommended since the Edible Eathfish created by them can now unfreeze who eats them
  • The Ice Golem is now a lot slower and weaker
  • Ice Slimes now die as soon as they freeze a target
  • There no longer is a separate structure where the Occult Chest with the Rune of the Snowman is found, but it is now located in a hidden room in the Frozen Fortress
  • There are two new Mysterious Paintings which can only be found in the Frozen Fortress
  • Structure chests now support loot tables

The Ice dimension is still very boring, but at least the Ice Golem and Frozen Fortress now look a little bit less... weird. A similar thing will probably happen with all the other structures and mechanics which will be ported in the next snapshots, they will be reworked to support the new possibilities MCreator now offers.

Last seen on 00:42, 10. Oct 2023
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
nice. there will be real…
Mon, 12/07/2020 - 22:17

nice. there will be real paintings since 2020.5 added paintings

Last seen on 23:41, 3. Jun 2021