Support for FE energy system

Submitted by Wes on Sun, 06/03/2018 - 17:01
Issue description

So I saw in past (and occasionally now) that people were asking for Energy system like EU or RF unfortunately those energy systems requires specific API that MCreator will not gonna add due to compatibility issues and API updates but I have found while playing some mods that there is energy system which is already in Forge and its called Forge Energy "FE" which is an alternative to Redstone Flux "RF", we can found FE in Forge source by going to Code Editor, so I want to ask developers to consider implementation this to some mod elements like Procedures, block etc. It could really benefit MCreator :)

Also here is picture where this Energy System can be found:
Map

Issue comments

Submitted by Klemen on Sun, 06/03/2018 - 19:46

This is a nice catch. We will check what could be done. Are you aware of any mods that use this energy system so we can see if it is worth considering implementing this?

Yes Im playing with some of them right now here is the list:
Portality
TechRebor
Rockhounding Chemistry
Its also supported by energy converters

Submitted by Wes on Mon, 06/04/2018 - 15:59

I did more research on FE and its actually supported by many mods like Thermal Expansion, Ender I/O and
Extreme Reactors, Its Compatible with RF so you can produce RF and power machines that uses FE and vice versa
For testing I used TechReborn because is based on FE and its cables connects to machines from other mods.

Here is example:
Example

Submitted by Klemen on Mon, 06/04/2018 - 19:43

Thank you for this extensive report. I will definitely look up the possibilities of this and add new procedure blocks to support the FE in the future updates. Most likely not yet in 1.8.0 as we have quite a big todo list already, but I will definitely consider this addition.

Submitted by Klemen on Mon, 06/04/2018 - 19:52

I have done some research and the energy system you showed - forge energy packet - only supports global energy system - like a global variable of energy stored per world.

Submitted by Wes on Mon, 06/04/2018 - 22:58

So we can expect this in future
Nice :D