This wiki page needs updating! It was written for older versions of MCreator that are not supported anymore. The interface or procedures might have changed so this page needs to be updated. If you would like to help updating wiki, apply for the wiki contributor.
Making dimensions is the most complex task to do with MCreator. However, it is not complicated and takes very little time. Simply do the following steps:
- First, create a biome. You will need any to create custom blocks first if you want them in your dimension. (To see how to make a new biome, click here)
- Then, create the dimension. It will be found by clicking on "New Mod".
- Select the block you want the portal to be made out of. This may be a custom block if you wish.
- Then, name the item which ignites it.
- Afterward, select the texture of the igniter. This may be a texture you created if you wish.
- Then, select the portal texture. This will be the actual portal piece, not the frame of it. It will appear when you ignite the frame.
- Click Next.
- The second page is much more in-depth. You must select what world type it must have. A normal world type will be generated similar to Minecraftia, where as the Nether type will be generated much like the Nether.
- Next, you must select the "Main Filler Block". This will be the "stone" of your dimension. You generally want it to be stone or a block with similar properties.
- Next, select the "Fluid Block". If your biome does not generate lakes, this will not appear in the dimension. But you must choose it anyway.
- Next, select the "Secondary Filler Block".
- Afterward, select the "Filler Block (nether type only)". This will only appear in the Nether Type dimension, but it must be selected anyway.
- Then, choose the "Biome base:". Select the custom biome you created earlier.
- Next, choose the "Fog/Air" color. This will be the color of the sky, and if you have any, fog.
- Then you may select "can despawn here", "has fog everywhere", and "has dusk/dawn".
- Click Next.
- Now, make the crafting recipe for your igniter, or the smelting recipe for it.
- Click Next, and then you're finished.