Making a new armor
On this page, you'll find out how to create your very own armor!
Creating the armor
- Start MCreator
- If you don't want custom armor, skip this step. To make custom armor just go to Making new texture
- Click on "New Mod"
- Name it and click "Armor"
- Choose the textures for each armour piece. To deactivate an armour part, click on the checkbox to deactivate this element. To have a custom model, click on ”Click to expand” under each element.
- Change the name of the part if needed.
- Click on ”Next page”
- Choose the Creative tab of your armor
- Select the texture model of your armor
- Select the sound when the player equips the armor
- Define the number that each piece will be multiplied. X * 11 for the helmet, X * 16 for the chestplate, X * 15 for the leggings, X * 13 for the boots, where X is your value. For vanilla armor: leather X = 5, chain X = 15, gold X = 7, diamond X = 33.
- Define the damage value for each piece of the armor. This parameter defines how much damages each piece takes when the player is hurt. The values of the diamond armor are 3, 8, 6 and 3. For the iron armor, the values are 2, 6, 5, 2.
The enchantability is how common rare enchantments can be enchanted on this tool. The higher the enchantability, the better enchantments you will get when enchanting the tool.
- Wooden tools: 15
- Stone tools: 5
- Iron tools: 14
- Gold tools: 22
- Diamond tools: 10
- Leather armor: 15
- Chainmail armor: 12
- Iron armor: 9
- Gold armor: 25
- Diamond armor: 10
- Books: 1
- Toughness is a value that will increase the protection of the armor. The diamond armor has a toughness of 2.0 (for a total of 8.0) and the Netherite armor has a toughness of 3.0 (for a total of 12.0).
- Repair items is items used to repair the armor inside the anvil.
- Then, click on ”Next page”
- On this page, you can add a procedure for each piece of your armor.
- When you have finished, click on ”Save element”
If you prefer to watch the video, you can find the wiki page above summarized in a video: