Creating an advancement
- Start MCreator
- Click on the "Workspace" tab.
- Click on the "Mod Elements" tab.
- Now click on the "Plus" button.
- Select "Advancement" for the list.
- Name it and click "Advancement"
- Just edit the settings on this page to your liking.
- Click next then finish and you're done!
Settings and Configuration
Advancement display parameters
The icon shows in the advancements tab.
|Advancement name||The name of the advancement.
If its a root parent then it will be the name of the path.
|Advancement description||This is where you put information about how to achieve the task.|
|Advancement type||This is the type of achievement
|Advancement parent||This is the path of witch your achievement will be listed under.
You can use "No parent: root" will make a new path.
Minecraft main paths are story, nether, end, adventure, and husbandry.
|Advancement background||If your advancement is the first of a new path, you can choose the background of the path with this option.|
|Show toast when completed||
Show the advancement top right of the screen when the player completes the advancement.
|Announce to chat when completed||Write a message in themessage when the player completes the advancement.|
|Hide if not completed yet||Hide the advancement in the advancement tab until it's completed.|
|Reward XP||This is how many experience the player will receive after completed the advancement.|
|Reward function||You can choose a function to execute when the player completes the advancement.|
|Reward loot tables||The player will receive some items from the selected loot table.|
Making your achievement obtainable
Advancement trigger builder
If your advancement has a little trigger, you can use this method. If you want to make a more complex trigger, or a trigger with procedure block, you can always use a procedure.
- Select a procedure block, and add it before the "Grant this advancement to the player" block.
- Select the block/item/biome/dimension/numbers if needed.
- Save your advancement.
Via a procedure
How do you make it so you gain your achievement? You will need to make a procedure on the element that you wish to trigger the achievement to happen. When you are making the procedure, you will want to follow the steps below.
- Go to the procedure events in your mod element
- Choose the event trigger and create a procedure if you didn't have one.
- If you want a second condition, create it with the "If Do" procedure block.
- Then, add the element that says "Add achievement to provided player - Achievement" (In the "Player Procedures" section)
- Select the achievement you just made in the dropdown box.
- Save your procedure and your mod element.
If you prefer to watch the video, you can find the wiki page above summarized in a video: