Before you start
You will need to make a texture either by a program such as paint.net or gimp or using the internal editor. You can find some help here.
- Open MCreator if you haven't already.
- Click New Mod
- Type the name of your mod. Names must not repeat!
- Click Ok
- Choose Gun texture and model
- Make procedures (Optional)
- Click next
- Write the Name in GUI
- Choose the Creative Tab
- Enable the glowing if you want (like the Enchanted Golden Apple)
- Choose the maximal number of item in one stack
- Set the melee damages
- Choose Item for ranged item’s ammo and pick a custom item or an existing item
- Check shoot constantly if you want the mod to always shoot, leave unchecked if you want to have to click to shoot.
- Set the durability of your item
- Choose the sound of your ranged item when used
- Bullet Power, How fast the bullet shoots higher the number faster it shoots vice-versa
- Bullet Damage, Higher the number the stronger the damage vice-versa
- Bullet Knock-Back, Higher the number the farther the opponent will get thrown vice-versa
- Check the box for Bullet has particles if you want particles to come out of it (Arrow’s particles)
- Check does bullet light fire if you want it to light a fire when it hits a block, does not catch mobs on fire
- Choose the item texture representing the bullet
- Bullet model is the model of your model. You can choose a custom 3D model
- Select the texture of your custom model
If you prefer to watch the video, you can find the wiki page above summarized in a video: