This wiki page needs updating! It was written for older versions of MCreator that are not supported anymore. The interface or procedures might have changed so this page needs to be updated. If you would like to help updating wiki, apply for the wiki contributor.
Before you start
You will need to make a texture either by a program such as paint.net or gimp or using the internal editor. You can find some help here.
- Open MCreator if you haven't already.
- Click New Mod
- Type the name of your mod. Names must not repeat!
- Click Ok
- Choose Gun texture
- Choose events you want
- Click next
- Choose Name in GUI and give the mod a name
- Choose Item for gun ammo and pick a custom-made ammo or an existing item
- Check shoot constantly if you want the mod to always shoot, leave unchecked if you want to have to click to shoot.
- Bullet Power, How fast the bullet shoots higher the number faster it shoots vice-versa
- Bullet Damage, Higher the number the stronger the damage vice-versa
- Bullet Knock-Back, Higher the number the farther the opponent will get thrown vice-versa
- Check the box for Bullet has particles if you want particles to come out of it
- Check does bullet light fire if you want it to light a fire when it hits a block, does not catch mobs on fire
- Click next
- Click the white boxes then choose how you want the gun to be crafted, If you mess up click the X's corresponding with the slot where you messed up
- Click the white box below the recipe box to make it a smelting recipe instead
If you prefer to watch the video, you can find the wiki page above summarized in a video: