Creating the tool
- Create a new texture. If you need help, go to Making a new Texture.
- Click on "New Element"
- Name it and click "Tool" element type then click next.
- Choose the tool texture or model then click next.
- Set your tool properties. See below for a full list of properties and values.
- On the next page, you can assign procedures to certain actions (optinal)
- Click next, then finish and you are done!
Tool property list
|Name in GUI:||The display name for the tool in the GUI.|
|Creative inventory tab:||The tab which the item is under in creative mode.|
The type of tool you wish to create.
The tier of the tool. The tier can only break blocks with the same tier or below.
How fast the tool can mine.
Example: Stone tools have lower efficiency than diamond tools.
How common rare enchantments can be enchanted on this tool. The higher
|Damage vs. mob/animal:||
The level of damage dealt when attacking with this weapon. This is not the
Shovels do exactly the amount of damage you put here.
|Number of uses:||
The durability of the tool:
The Minecraft wiki page can be found here.
|Blocks affected:||What blocks the tool can be used on. This is for the advanced tool types.|
If you prefer to watch the video, you can find the wiki page above summarized in a video: